• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Version control is your friend
    Nice one Nick!
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      < finishes mouthful of crisps >

< puts on shades >

< looks ED in the eye >
      Give me my McCoy's back now!
      That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

I think it went well - it's a small but very successful business in a niche market, supplying data to media companies and others throughout the world.

He kept saying how impressive my track record was, and several times when I answered questions he got quite excited, saying things like "Ah! I'm glad you brought that up, that's exactly what I think!"

So fingers crossed...

Although it was originally planned to be starting on Monday, he and his techy pal have decided to put it off till new year, so I wouldn't be starting until mid-January. I can probably cope with that
        Sounds fairly positive - glad it went well.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Evening denizens

Just got back from Brum

I got held up on the way there, and ended up twenty minutes late for the interview - damn rubberneckers gawping at a pile-up on the other carriageway

Luckily, another bloke was also held up (probably for the same reason) so the client and I had time to share our loathing of rubberneckers before getting down to business

I think it went well - it's a small but very successful business in a niche market, supplying data to media companies and others throughout the world.

He kept saying how impressive my track record was, and several times when I answered questions he got quite excited, saying things like "Ah! I'm glad you brought that up, that's exactly what I think!"

So fingers crossed...

Although it was originally planned to be starting on Monday, he and his techy pal have decided to put it off till new year, so I wouldn't be starting until mid-January. I can probably cope with that
          Eventful journey there hey Nick.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hopefully all works out so you can relax over Xmas knowing you've a gig in the NY.
          That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            Give me my McCoy's back now!
            What McCoy's?
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

What McCoy's?
              It's okay you can have them...I've got a chicken sandwich now he he
              That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

It's okay you can have them...I've got a chicken sandwich now he he
                Om nom nom nom nom...
                That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Sounds fairly positive - glad it went well.
                  Eventful journey there hey Nick.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hopefully all works out so you can relax over Xmas knowing you've a gig in the NY.
                  Cheers, chaps

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Evening denizens

Just got back from Brum

I got held up on the way there, and ended up twenty minutes late for the interview - damn rubberneckers gawping at a pile-up on the other carriageway

Luckily, another bloke was also held up (probably for the same reason) so the client and I had time to share our loathing of rubberneckers before getting down to business

So fingers crossed...

That sounds promising - fingers crossed, Nick.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X