• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conference call still going on...
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

I've been looking for a little (and cheap) 3 output psu like the ones we bought from BBH Power Products back in the 80s...

Naturally enough BBH Power Products has gone the way of all things British Made... they were part of Farnell until they were sold off, acquired by someone else & sold again...

Ho hum.

The el cheapo Chinese made piece of crap from Rapid is the closest I've found so far and that's a 100mA 15V - 0 - 15V for about £30, but isn't variable like the BBH one is.

I may be reduced to making 10 of the damn things to get what I want.

Comment

Almost time to go... only another 25 mins...

Comment

My plumber has just found that he needs to take the wall down completely, as there is nothing holding it up apart from the door frame

Another cost I could do without - since it will then need to be repapered at some stage, and we'll have to do the whole of the downstairs to match it...

There's some old newspaper in the wall that says 1974 in it - it's load-bearing paper, obviously!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Ohhh, the fun at ClientCo today!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              They can run but they can't hide...
              Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                My plumber has just found that he needs to take the wall down completely, as there is nothing holding it up apart from the door frame

Another cost I could do without - since it will then need to be repapered at some stage, and we'll have to do the whole of the downstairs to match it...

There's some old newspaper in the wall that says 1974 in it - it's load-bearing paper, obviously!
                My 1930s breezeblock bathroom wall is built on the floor boards. I discovered this when I tried to raise a floorboard.

Obviously 1930s jerry builders were rather better than their 1974 counterparts...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Indeed
                  That jpeg must be interesting then...

Comment

My 1930s breezeblock bathroom wall is built on the floor boards. I discovered this when I tried to raise a floorboard.

Obviously 1930s jerry builders were rather better than their 1974 counterparts...
                    The house dates from 1897, so I assumed that it was pretty solid.

Slam the bathroom door too hard, and the whole wall wobbles!! For some reason, the plumber is recommending replacing the whole wall rather than just screwing more plasterboard to it and tiling on top of that....

At least he's spotted it - my last dodgy builder probably wouldn't have noticed anything was wrong with it!!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

That jpeg must be interesting then...
                      That one is only marginally NSFW.

The rest of the site looks VERY NSFW!!!

(Like this one which MOST DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT BE OPENED IN THE OFFICE OR AROUND YOUR WIFE / GIRLFRIEND / NEIGHBOUR )
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X