• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    After seeing Zathura (Jumanji in space) I'm sure our kids would have a similar idea.
    Never heard of it before - but I like JUmanji so will give it a try. cheers for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      That's where I spend most of my time at parties, but I suspect for different reasons. hic.

How old is he? Is he at school/pre-school?
      Was the reason that you were snogging?

He is 6 years old - having him assessed for asbergers/autism. he is possibly borderline asbergers - but it is hard to tell. his speech is adult like level - people often recoil when speaking to him. in other ways he is like a toddler....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        We had a loft conversion - so did people over the road. Our builder nearly cried when he saw the poor workmanship. Now it is an eyesore - I would never buy a house with a wonky roof!
        We had the benefit of being able to inspect another loft done by this company for one of our neighbours. They've done quite a few nearby, and have a good reputation.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

BrilloPad 17,000
          zeitghost 14,303
          Diver 10,946
          cailin maith 10,764
          DS23 10,001
          BrowneIssue 8,564
          TheFaQQer 8,192
          NickFitz 7,725
          FiveTimes 6,372
          Bear 5,335
          El_Diablo 2,705
          voodooflux 2,634

17k tpd posts

question for NickFitz - can you tell us how many times there have more more than 100 consecutive posts? How did them and what post numbers?

Comment

Was the reason that you were snogging?
            Well I'd probably have my lips around ... a bottle of Grolsch.

He is 6 years old - having him assessed for asbergers/autism. he is possibly borderline asbergers - but it is hard to tell. his speech is adult like level - people often recoil when speaking to him. in other ways he is like a toddler....
            What stage are you at with the assessment?

Comment

BrilloPad 17,000

17k tpd posts
              Congrats Brillo

All hail Brillo, the king of drivel

Comment

Never heard of it before - but I like JUmanji so will give it a try. cheers for the tip.
                I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Right, I'm off to watch Top Gear

Comment

Night folks

Comment

BrilloPad 17k tpd posts

W00T!

The Inimitable Scourer has...

TPD
                      POSTS!

BrilloPad
                      FTW!

question for NickFitz - can you tell us how many times there have more more than 100 consecutive posts? How did them and what post numbers?

I'll get on it... interestingly enough, relational databases (or at least SQL implementations - can't be bothered to look into the mathematical theory underpinning relational theory and see where the blame lies) aren't very good at detecting sequential runs of one field where the sequence is predicated on the value of another field, neither of which is just an autonumbered sequence of integers

Maybe I should move to an OO database... mathematically sound relational theory is all well and good, but sometimes it doesn't reflect real-life issues. Hence the ongoing saga of people investing fortunes in object-relational mappings that aren't quite good enough, when the obvious solution is to not do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X