• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I might just do that... I need a wee too
    Nice...

Comment

50 mins left...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Nice...
        Afternoon Doggy - How's tricks?
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          Afternoon Doggy - How's tricks?
          Not bad. Very busy at the moment. In fact just heading back into a meeting. Laters all!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
            Thanks Nick - I don't have a dedicated server. and I'm limited to 20 MySQL databases on the current hosting plan.
            If you ever need a dedicated server I can definitely recommend Register1. They are a small sister company of ServerStream (who host some VERY large sites) and their support is phenominal - they have never taken more than 2 minutes to respond to any support ticket I've raised. They seem very reliable, and get consistently good reviews.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              If you ever need a dedicated server I can definitely recommend Register1. They are a small sister company of ServerStream (who host some VERY large sites) and their support is phenominal - they have never taken more than 2 minutes to respond to any support ticket I've raised. They seem very reliable, and get consistently good reviews.
              I keep a server running on Amazon EC2, primarily for experimental purposes.

It has the advantage that I can swap different machine images around depending on which technologies I want to use, mess around with scaling up to multiple servers and load balancing, and so forth, and just pay for the time I actually have a machine running.

With one server active all the time on a static IP address, it comes out to about £45/month including stuff I have stored on S3 and so on.

In fact I have http://testpleasedelete.net/ pointing there at the moment

Comment

You lads are getting a bit technical for TPD today

Comment

It happens here sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It happens here sometimes
                    Well at least there seems to be some sensible answers!

Comment

Zara, thats every day for me!!

And, where is Xen? I need some geek points from earlier!!
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X