• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Vertigo is a mystery - there are 355 possible causes that the doctors know of. It's know as a "heart-sink syndrome" - when a patient tells you they are dizzy, your heart sinks!! I think it's stress and / or viral infection, but a very common cause is related to migraines so if it's that, the betablockers should help clear the dizziness as well, fingers crossed.
    Indeed, fingers crossed. The blood pressure is one thing off your mind though - hopefully one less thing to be stressed about.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Afternoon, Mr Lizard, sir!

Are you doing some kind of advanced computing project with IBM and Sun these days, Zeity?
      Sssssh! I'm glueing together 15,374 Z80s, but don't tell anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Indeed, fingers crossed. The blood pressure is one thing off your mind though - hopefully one less thing to be stressed about.
        Indeed - only 354 more things to rule out before we get to the bottom of it!!

I'm not worried - either it will clear up on its own, or the doctor will work out what it is. I know a few people that have had similar that has suddenly disappeared with no resurgence - my mum takes anti-sickness tablets daily still but (touch wood) is OK at the moment. She's had it for nearly 40 years now, and has suffered longer and worse than I have with this lot.

On the plus side, I've read some good books while I've been off, and am reading an absolute cracker which is giving me some new ideas about my way of life, in a positive manner.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This morning was "interesting" to say the least.

Blood pressure is averaging at a normal level, so there is nothing to treat there. Go back in three months to check the level as it needs to be monitored.

Vertigo is still no better, so he is going to refer me to a neurologist / straight to the hospital for either a CAT or MRI scan. My symptoms are the opposite of anything that tends to happen with brain tumour or anything like that, so he's not worried but wants to do a scan just to make sure.

He's now put me on beta blockers for the next three to six months to treat the migraines, which is good news. I'll be on them for at least three to six months, and then will try to wean off them over another three months to see if the migraines come back. Sometimes it just breaks the cycle and there is no further treatment; sometimes they go away and come back in a few years; sometimes it stops them but they come back when you stop taking them. It will be a year really before I stop taking them completely, but at least we're now taking some action.

Unless the migraines are still bad, go back once I've had the brain scan, but no idea when that will be. Go back to work once I feel ready, which will be once the vertigo disappears completely.

So - slowly making progress. I've had to reassure my parents this morning that they are more worried about it all than I am - my dad has been checking savings accounts to see what money they can lend me while I'm not working, so I've had to detail my savings and company situation to reassure them that I don't need anything, but thanks for the very sweet offer. They still see me as their baby, which is nice (at times!)
          hmmm - not ideal but at least you are moving in the right direction. carry on progressing Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Reminds me of the CodeProject iPaq Web Farm project

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

You're making your own "Lego Yoda"?

Comment

I'm not worried - either it will clear up on its own, or the doctor will work out what it is. I know a few people that have had similar that has suddenly disappeared with no resurgence - my mum takes anti-sickness tablets daily still but (touch wood) is OK at the moment. She's had it for nearly 40 years now, and has suffered longer and worse than I have with this lot.

On the plus side, I've read some good books while I've been off, and am reading an absolute cracker which is giving me some new ideas about my way of life, in a positive manner.
                What is it called? I always like recommendations for a good book - sasguru has given me a few.......

Comment

The longest journey starts with the first step

Recommend anything?

Comment

Population
                    1580 Revenues
                    365250 € Unemployment 1 %
                    Transport 98 %
                    Crime rate 2 %
                    Pollution 2 %

rank=287

at least 8 visitors today

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      What is it called? I always like recommendations for a good book - sasguru has given me a few.......
                      "How to be Free" - there are a lot of people on CUK who would disagree with the majority of it, to be honest. It's basically about how you can free yourself from things that don't matter - like making sure you do something that you like for a living, remove irrelevant machinery from your life etc.

I now want to live on a smallholding, in a hamlet, and grow my own food.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X