• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    The way I keep injuring myself

I'd bleed to death

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      I don't really do shops these days - this year I will once again buy the vast majority of my Christmas presents online. Might have a trip into Birmingham while the German fair is on though to sample some of the food and "liquid refreshment" stalls
      I went to one of those 2 years ago at Earls Court. I was bored to death. And I had to sit through a demo by Gordon Ramsey.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
        Hehehe I'll get my revenge later

I shop military style. I know what I want. My research is done. I buy and I'm out. Next destination.

With a women it's one damn long enduring trek, "oh we'll come back to that shop later, first lets go there, ooh no this one too, ok after that we'll go there, and remind me to go back there ok?"

She was on speed!
        So get a coffee and read the paper. Sorted........

Comment

Excellent - think I've found a few places online to watch the Liverpool vs. West Brom match. Not that it will be much of a match - I think FT will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of the Reds maintaing their 100% record against us (whilst maintaining their three goal a game average against us, without a single goal in reply).
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Population
            1556 Revenues
            359900 € Unemployment 0 %
            Transport 100 %
            Crime rate 1 %
            Pollution 0 %

rank=288

Comment

BrilloPad 16,652
              zeitghost 14,191
              Diver 10,941
              cailin maith 10,560
              DS23 10,001
              BrowneIssue 8,564
              TheFaQQer 7,999
              NickFitz 7,595
              FiveTimes 6,262
              Bear 5,219
              El_Diablo 2,261
              DiscoStu 2,219
              Fortune Green 2,215
              Jog On 2,173
              voodooflux 2,043

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I went to one of those 2 years ago at Earls Court. I was bored to death. And I had to sit through a demo by Gordon Ramsey.
                Was it an exhibition type thing? The fair in Brum is an outdoor street affair around the fountains at the end of New Street - very atmospheric and "Christmassy."

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Excellent - think I've found a few places online to watch the Liverpool vs. West Brom match. Not that it will be much of a match - I think FT will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of the Reds maintaing their 100% record against us (whilst maintaining their three goal a game average against us, without a single goal in reply).
                  Would that be association football old bean?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                      I shop military style. I know what I want. My research is done. I buy and I'm out. Next destination.
                      Absolutely. It's the only way to do it.

What I find really bizarre about women is that they'll go around shops when they don't need anything. They appear to derive pleasure from the mere fact of being in a retail outlet - or, preferably, in the vicinity of dozens of them.

Give a man a large expanse of land near a motorway junction and unlimited funds, and he'll want to build a theme park with huge rollercoasters, and monster trucks, and paintball, and stuff like that. A women would want to build a shopping centre, just so they could wander around it looking at stuff they don't want.

I remember the old story of the cowboy who'd lived all his life out on the prairie, herding cattle. Then one day he was taken to the big city - Dallas, or somewhere. His hosts took him into the biggest department store in the city, and took him all around its departments, showing him the marvels available to buy.

Leaving the store, they asked him what he thought. He reflected for a moment, and said:

"I never knew there were so many things a man didn't need."

Comment

Working...
                      X