• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Nah - you did the right thing!! But you are

Okey dokey boyos - I am off to bed!!! Night

Sweet Dreams
    The Lady says I'm a too

Right all I better get some work done, might be back later but for now ciao

That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Sudden outburst of fireworks over the road

It's been quieter around here than it was last night...

Maybe everybody's waiting for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
        The Lady says I'm a too

Right all I better get some work done, might be back later but for now ciao

Bye ED

Comment

evening all..

just a quick catch up on whats going on after a quick 2 pints downstairs, thought i'd check in on tpd while im here.. not stopping long, it's +1hrs here CET so im off to bed soon
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            evening all..

just a quick catch up on whats going on after a quick 2 pints downstairs, thought i'd check in on tpd while im here.. not stopping long, it's +1hrs here CET so im off to bed soon
            Hi chef

It doesn't look like there's an enormous amount going on in TPD at the time of your post, which I'm still recalculating the time zone for in my head

Do you mean you're in CET which is +1, or you're +1 on CET?

Anyway,

Comment

I actually feel pretty sorry for those lads from the other flats.

All they were doing was growing a bit of weed - it's pretty clear now that it was an amateurish operation, not something that was going to make them big money. They were probably just smoking some themselves and selling the rest on to other low-level dealers by the half- or quarter-weight (that's 8 or 4oz) - there's no way they were anywhere near the high-level supply chains, raking in fortunes. It's not like they were selling smack or crack either.

Nor did they come across as evil people; just some young lads, and with pretty good manners. They might not have been scholarship candidates, but they were just smart enough to get themselves into trouble. They didn't really have many other options in life, though. They did actually work as casual labourers, when the work was available, although they don't seem to have been much good at paying their bills.

Still, there are much worse young men than them in the world, and even in this neighbourhood.

Now, for whatever reason it was that brought the mayhem round here this time last week, they're in the cells, their homes are gone, and their possessions are lying in bin bags in the back yard, waiting to be taken to the tip.

It's a heavy price to pay for following the wrong path at the age of twenty, not even considering the time inside they'll almost certainly get.

I'm still not happy with that kind of trouble being brought down on the premises I live in - but when I consider them as fellow human beings, I have to think "There, but for the grace of <insert preferred term for higher power>...", and feel some compassion for them.

Still, I'm a stupid bloody hippy, me

Comment

Morning all

Did we all have a happy and safe Guy Fawkes Night?

With baked potatos in the bonfire?

No?

Well neither did I...

And the stink of burned tyre is rather strong around here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Why, thank you, Chimp

I am afraid, it's mostly down to Mrs BP's step by step instructions I can't make a bollocks of it!!

Bazza

got
                    a

!!!
                    !!!

Merely for completeness or something

Comment

morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X