• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...unless I can sort out this doccy grrr...
    Last edited by El_Diablo; 30 October 2008, 21:53.
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
      Just paid a visit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Night Brillo
          That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Night Nick, Churchill and any other fellow TPDer
            That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
              Night Nick, Churchill and any other fellow TPDer
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Evening All

Well, what a turn up for the books - so far tonight I haven't had any contact with the Police whatsoever

Turns out the front door needs fixing, though - although it appears undamaged, the bit of the lock that the bit of the lock that goes into the other bit of the lock goes into has been forced out of position, so the lock no longer locks

Looking back at that sentence, I feel a career writing KB123456 articles for Microsoft coming on - it's tortuous enough to make the grade

Oh dear, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/123456 actually exists - a recondite bug relating to MSCDEX (which Zeity will doubtless remember) and which appears to date back to Windows 3.1

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Evening All

Well, what a turn up for the books - so far tonight I haven't had any contact with the Police whatsoever

Turns out the front door needs fixing, though - although it appears undamaged, the bit of the lock that the bit of the lock that goes into the other bit of the lock goes into has been forced out of position, so the lock no longer locks

Looking back at that sentence, I feel a career writing KB123456 articles for Microsoft coming on - it's tortuous enough to make the grade

Oh dear, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/123456 actually exists - a recondite bug relating to MSCDEX (which Zeity will doubtless remember) and which appears to date back to Windows 3.1

This is excellent news Nick - congrats

Much happening out and about 'round your end this morning?
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

But mentioning the Police...

Last Sunday, a female PC (apparently they aren't called WPCs any more) left her handbag in the pub, from which it was nicked. It had her phone, purse, keys, and - most importantly, one would think - warrant card (& badge) in it

The assistant manager had, upon being contacted by her, immediately secured the CCTV footage, and transferred the appropriate parts thereof showing the guys actually taking the bag to disc in the approved manner. However, having told the Police that he'd done this and could bring it round to the nearby Police Station, he was told not to bother, and they'd pick it up.

Today (Thursday, which is a bit after Sunday) some copper finally came round for it at about 2pm - when the place isn't open (they don't open weekday lunchtimes), but the manager happened to be around on the premises.

When the manager commented on the fact that it was one of their own, who had lost her badge and warrant card, said copper was surprised and said that he hadn't known that.

Anyway, the manager gave him the disc, and he left.

At about half past five, he phoned the pub: "Is that <landlord>? It's PC <copper> who was there earlier."

<landlord>: "Oh right, how can I help?"

<copper>: "Did I leave my hat there?"

<- most appropriate use of that smiley EVAH!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      But mentioning the Police...

Last Sunday, a female PC (apparently they aren't called WPCs any more) left her handbag in the pub, from which it was nicked. It had her phone, purse, keys, and - most importantly, one would think - warrant card (& badge) in it

The assistant manager had, upon being contacted by her, immediately secured the CCTV footage, and transferred the appropriate parts thereof showing the guys actually taking the bag to disc in the approved manner. However, having told the Police that he'd done this and could bring it round to the nearby Police Station, he was told not to bother, and they'd pick it up.

Today (Thursday, which is a bit after Sunday) some copper finally came round for it at about 2pm - when the place isn't open (they don't open weekday lunchtimes), but the manager happened to be around on the premises.

When the manager commented on the fact that it was one of their own, who had lost her badge and warrant card, said copper was surprised and said that he hadn't known that.

Anyway, the manager gave him the disc, and he left.

At about half past five, he phoned the pub: "Is that <landlord>? It's PC <copper> who was there earlier."

<landlord>: "Oh right, how can I help?"

<copper>: "Did I leave my hat there?"

<- most appropriate use of that smiley EVAH!

EVOH - it is Leicester, afterall...
                      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                      X