• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just had a phone call from... oh, go on, guess

Yup, it was the

This was about that other matter - the long arm of the search engine

Apparently they weren't aware of that information, and reckoned it could be extremely useful

QOTD: "I'm sure we Googled it before, but we didn't find that, so either it's new to the web or we did it wrong."
    Maybe you should give them lessons? After all - you spend enough time with the police.....

Comment

Yup, the time is right - wasn't there some controversy to do with the first post at New Year, due to the server clock being several minutes out?
      NickFitz
      Super poster

century

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

Tell all to auntie tpd......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Tell all to auntie tpd......
          Ordered a wooden bed frame for my sons loft room a month ago, a "decent" one that could be delivered quickly. It prompty turned up after a few days, but the headboard was damaged. Complained and got a replacement after more than a week. Unfortunately the replacement was missing a few key components - the package was supposed to contain the slats for the bed, which were missing. It then turns out that the original footboard was badly damaged, so we had to arrange for another replacement. They agreed to replace the whole thing, which finally turned up today (over a month after the original order) but the headboard is faulty and won't fix securely to the rest of the bed. This I find out after constructing it for an hour. P.O.S.

It's a good job their customer service" lined had just closed when I called - I might have said something naughty.

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Maybe you should give them lessons? After all - you spend enough time with the police.....
            Indeed. A pimp contacted me the other day about a project with the Metropolitan Police - maybe I should treat all this as an omen and go for it, although frankly an HR intranet doesn't really sound like an exciting project

Maybe offering training courses in using Google is a potential market.

Comment

Ordered a wooden bed frame for my sons loft room a month ago, a "decent" one that could be delivered quickly. It prompty turned up after a few days, but the headboard was damaged. Complained and got a replacement after more than a week. Unfortunately the replacement was missing a few key components - the package was supposed to contain the slats for the bed, which were missing. It then turns out that the original footboard was badly damaged, so we had to arrange for another replacement. They agreed to replace the whole thing, which finally turned up today (over a month after the original order) but the headboard is faulty and won't fix securely to the rest of the bed. This I find out after constructing it for an hour. P.O.S.

It's a good job their customer service" lined had just closed when I called - I might have said something naughty.

gosh! not good! name and shame?

Comment

Indeed. A pimp contacted me the other day about a project with the Metropolitan Police - maybe I should treat all this as an omen and go for it, although frankly an HR intranet doesn't really sound like an exciting project

Maybe offering training courses in using Google is a potential market.
                I hope it was not spying on f4j activities

Comment

gosh! not good! name and shame?
                  BedStar.co.uk

When I enquired about why the latest delivery was taking so long they had the cheek to claim they had been trying to get in touch for a week. Bulltulipe - they have all our numbers and managed to get in touch with us before. No missed calls and no voicemail message.

Comment

BedStar.co.uk

When I enquired about why the latest delivery was taking so long they had the cheek to claim they had been trying to get in touch for a week. Bulltulipe - they have all our numbers and managed to get in touch with us before. No missed calls and no voicemail message.
                    The CityLink driver was also off with Mrs. VF when she suggested that she would like to inspect the packages before signing for them.

Comment

Time for some food

Comment

Working...
                      X