• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

I'm finding it increasingly likely that the smashing in of the doors on the other flats was actually done by the Police themselves...

Anyway, they've both now had big hunks of plasterboard screwed over the damaged lock areas, and are secured with big padlocks. This suggests that the occupants are either locked in with no chance of escape, or have not yet returned from wherever they went... or were taken
    Afternoon Nick

More drama at your place eh..
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Brillooooooooo
      That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
        OK...it's official, after weeks of little work and me hanging round in a "support" role I've now been handed my 2 weeks notice!

Tomorrow is my last day at ClientCo's site supposedly to "handover" stuff - but there's nothing to handover - and then I'm FREE!!!!

Going to get my own back on BF. He's been taunting me for the last two weeks with his staying in bed while I'm having to get up on cold, daark mornings to go to work.
        Are you glad to be out of there?
        That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Just a thought, but might that white powdery substance be the insulation out of the doors?

Bearing in mind that they might well be fire doors and contain a nasty white powdery substance that's been banned...
          Looking closer, it's not actually powdery - some of it appears fibrous, as if it might be the contents of a duvet, and some of it is expanded polystyrene balls, as if a beanbag has been ripped apart, yet some of it is more lumpy bits of expanded polystyrene...

All very strange

I also note that neither the front nor back doors to the house have suffered any damage whatsoever. Then again, they'd often leave the front door on the latch when nipping over the road for a pizza, and would leave the back door on the latch for their mates to come in round the back on occasion.

All the copper in the hall last night would tell me was that he wasn't "at liberty to divulge too much information". Do they get taught these phrases during training, or do they just pick them up from each other?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            No.

We're playing sneak up on the Millennium...

Bear

got
            a

!!!
            !!!Millennium!!!
            !!!
            !!!Two Millennia in a Row & !!!
            !!!a lot of bonus points...!!!
            !!!

Merely for completeness or something

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              OK...it's official, after weeks of little work and me hanging round in a "support" role I've now been handed my 2 weeks notice!

Tomorrow is my last day at ClientCo's site supposedly to "handover" stuff - but there's nothing to handover - and then I'm FREE!!!!

Going to get my own back on BF. He's been taunting me for the last two weeks with his staying in bed while I'm having to get up on cold, daark mornings to go to work.
              Congratulations or commiserations , according to taste

Comment

Looking closer, it's not actually powdery - some of it appears fibrous, as if it might be the contents of a duvet, and some of it is expanded polystyrene balls, as if a beanbag has been ripped apart, yet some of it is more lumpy bits of expanded polystyrene...

All very strange

I also note that neither the front nor back doors to the house have suffered any damage whatsoever. Then again, they'd often leave the front door on the latch when nipping over the road for a pizza, and would leave the back door on the latch for their mates to come in round the back on occasion.

All the copper in the hall last night would tell me was that he wasn't "at liberty to divulge too much information". Do they get taught these phrases during training, or do they just pick them up from each other?

AKA: I don't know myself.
                That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                  Afternoon Nick

More drama at your place eh..
                  Hi ED

Yup, wherever I go, something weird eventually happens to disturb my peace

Comment

Hi ED

Yup, wherever I go, something weird eventually happens to disturb my peace
                    Everytime I go to visit my clientco's my peace is disturbed.
                    That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Sorry to hear that KW....
                      Thanks CM, I knew it was coming, it's just 4 weeks early that's all.

Congratulations or commiserations , according to taste
                      Thanks NF...early holiday giving me chance to do my Christmas shopping early.

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                      Are you glad to be out of there?
                      In a way yes. The project is on its' last legs really and I was getting stale as there's not really much design work to do.
                      It's all testing and fixing defects (not mine I hasten to add) so it's not all that interesting really.
                      On the other hand I've really enjoyed the out of hours arts-related events I've taken part in and I'll be sad to miss them. I've just realised that I'll not know whether i've won that poetry competition I entered.......
                      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
                      X