• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, that's nice - the golden sunlight slanting in from the south-west is lighting up the golden leaves on the trees outside my window, which contrasts beautifully with the battleship grey sky behind

Ah, it's faded - must have been a gap in the clouds. Maybe there'll be another one in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Afternoon denizens

I'm finding it increasingly likely that the smashing in of the doors on the other flats was actually done by the Police themselves...

Anyway, they've both now had big hunks of plasterboard screwed over the damaged lock areas, and are secured with big padlocks. This suggests that the occupants are either locked in with no chance of escape, or have not yet returned from wherever they went... or were taken
      Gosh Nick - trouble with the police!!

I am amazed!!

They are coming for YOU mr big......

Comment

Fable about the scorpion and the frog. The scorpion wants a change of scenery, but needs to cross the river to do so. So he talks to a frog about taking him across. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion reassures him that if it stung the frog, the frog would sink and the scorpion would drown as well. The frog then agrees; nevertheless, in mid-river, the scorpion stings him, dooming the two of them. When asked why, the scorpion explains, "I'm a scorpion; it's my nature."

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Tuna on home made bread. Can I have the gun when you're done with it.
          Help yourself

Afternoon denizens

I'm finding it increasingly likely that the smashing in of the doors on the other flats was actually done by the Police themselves...

Anyway, they've both now had big hunks of plasterboard screwed over the damaged lock areas, and are secured with big padlocks. This suggests that the occupants are either locked in with no chance of escape, or have not yet returned from wherever they went... or were taken
          Hey chimp

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Hey BP
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Plasterboard... WTF is that about... its not exactly very strong and likely to deter robbers

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              Are we playing name that tune?
              Bear
              Fingers like lightning

millenium

Comment

OK...it's official, after weeks of little work and me hanging round in a "support" role I've now been handed my 2 weeks notice!

Tomorrow is my last day at ClientCo's site supposedly to "handover" stuff - but there's nothing to handover - and then I'm FREE!!!!

Going to get my own back on BF. He's been taunting me for the last two weeks with his staying in bed while I'm having to get up on cold, daark mornings to go to work.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  OK...it's official, after weeks of little work and me hanging round in a "support" role I've now been handed my 2 weeks notice!

Tomorrow is my last day at ClientCo's site supposedly to "handover" stuff - but there's nothing to handover - and then I'm FREE!!!!

Going to get my own back on BF. He's been taunting me for the last two weeks with his staying in bed while I'm having to get up on cold, daark mornings to go to work.
                  Sorry to hear that KW....
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Just a thought, but might that white powdery substance be the insulation out of the doors?

Bearing in mind that they might well be fire doors and contain a nasty white powdery substance that's been banned...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      Plasterboard... WTF is that about... its not exactly very strong and likely to deter robbers
                      That's about me being an idiot and typing "plasterboard" when I meant "chipboard"

Comment

Working...
                      X