• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Night Carling

Awfully quiet here now the pali's gone
    Carling's
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

128888 here yet?

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
        Carling's
        We're not all Carling groupies, you know

(OK, we are )
        Last edited by NickFitz; 30 October 2008, 02:26.

Comment

Oh hang on, are you suggesting that I would drink lager

Never, unless it's the real stuff made according to the Reinheitsgebot - which Carling (the lager, not the sultry temptress of TPD) most certainly is not

I'm sure said sultry temptress would be found to be pure, once the McDonalds food was thoroughly purged from her system
          Not at all - I wouldn't insult you in such a manner. Maybe other manners, but not one such as this

I was merely suggesting it had gone quiet since the sultry temptress had gone...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Not at all - I wouldn't insult you in such a manner. Maybe other manners, but not one such as this

I was merely suggesting it had gone quiet since the sultry temptress had gone...
            Indeed - I realised that I had misinterpreted you, and edited my post.

Then I found that you had replied to it, so the original wrong-headed drivel is preserved withinin your quote tags, and your reply seems to apply to something I never said

You have to love the mutability of the web... it's like 1984, but we're in control of altering the past, and things like Google's cache, archive.org, and people quoting stuff they reply to make sure that the memory holes don't work

Anyway...

Comment

Indeed - I realised that I had misinterpreted you, and edited my post.

Then I found that you had replied to it, so the original wrong-headed drivel is preserved withinin your quote tags, and your reply seems to apply to something I never said

You have to love the mutability of the web... it's like 1984, but we're in control of altering the past, and things like Google's cache, archive.org, and people quoting stuff they reply to make sure that the memory holes don't work

Anyway...
              All that aside, how are you Nick?

Comment

I shall now spend some time deciding whether to have a sandwich or not.

Comment

All that aside, how are you Nick?
                  Fine thanks, EO - are you OK?

As previously mentioned I'm dithering over the sandwich issue (although it'll actually be a cob, not a sandwich).

I think I'll get back to the end of season 4 of Babylon 5 whilst I deliberate, now that the neighbours seem to have settled down a bit.

I assume you're working late again? I'm thinking that I ought to get to bed before too long, in case the Leics. Plod want to call me in the morning about that matter I mentioned earlier...

Comment

Fine thanks, EO - are you OK?

As previously mentioned I'm dithering over the sandwich issue (although it'll actually be a cob, not a sandwich).

I think I'll get back to the end of season 4 of Babylon 5 whilst I deliberate, now that the neighbours seem to have settled down a bit.

I assume you're working late again? I'm thinking that I ought to get to bed before too long, in case the Leics. Plod want to call me in the morning about that matter I mentioned earlier...
                    I'm good thanks mate, if a little weary. Yes, working late again - ah well, someone has to do it...

I shouldn't worry about going to bed - Leics Police seem to appreciate their public being somewhat incoherent during conversation, in my experience. That way, they don't look as hard of thinking as they actually are
                    Last edited by EqualOpportunities; 30 October 2008, 03:17. Reason: Awful spelling...

Comment

I'm good thanks mate, if a little weary. Yes, working late again - ah well, someone has to do it...

I shouldn't worry about going to bed - Leics Police seem to appreciate thier public being somewhat incoherent during conversation, in my experience. That way, they don't look as hard of thinking as they actually are

Whilst dithering over the sandwich issue, I stumbled across the pâté - the "shall I eat something" issue was resolved at that moment

So it's toasted slices of baguette with Ardennes pâté and Babylon 5 FTW!

Comment

Working...
                      X