• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Population
      1524 Revenues
      350850 € Unemployment 2 %
      Transport 98 %
      Crime rate 2 %
      Pollution 1 %

rank=284

7 visitors so far today.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        If you insist

Thanks, I needed that!
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Yet another call to the Police - not a 999 this time though

The local rag has an appeal for information about three dog tags found at the scene of an assault. One of them has a distinctive name on it, and another has three initials.

A quick Google on the distinctive name led me to the home page of a no-mark hip-hop band of that name, who are based in the town where the assault took place. One of the members is known by the same three initials as appear on the other tag. There are also photos of the band, and the guy with the initials matches the (admittedly vague) description of the offender.

I've left a voicemail message for the detective handling the case, pointing out these facts.

Maybe they can be taught to use Google in future investigations

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The local rag has an appeal for information about three dog tags found at the scene of an assault. One of them has a distinctive name on it, and another has three initials.

A quick Google on the distinctive name led me to the home page of a no-mark hip-hop band of that name, who are based in the town where the assault took place. One of the members is known by the same three initials as appear on the other tag. There are also photos of the band, and the guy with the initials matches the (admittedly vague) description of the offender.

I've left a voicemail message for the detective handling the case, pointing out these facts.

Ever thought of moving somewhere more peaceful like Iraq?

What sort of assault was it?

I hope you get a reward......

Comment

Jack woke up with a killer hangover after attending his firm's Christmas Party.

He didn't even remember how he got home. It's 8.30. What day is it?
              Thursday. His wife must have gone to work.

As he struggled into consciousness through the fog of a pounding
              headache, his stomach plummeted as he wondered what the hell he did
              last night.

He forced himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he saw was a
              couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And,
              next to them, a little vase of sweet peas, freshly picked from the
              garden.

He sat up. The bedroom was clean and tidy, - there was no trail of
              drunkenly abandoned clothes, fresh air was coming in through the
              window and all was serene. He stumbled to the bathroom, also pristine,
              and, squinting gingerly into the mirror, saw that he had a black eye.
              This was not a good sign, but no memories were returning.

As he concentrated hard on getting the world into focus, he saw a
              post-it note stuck on the corner of the mirror . It was written in
              red, with little hearts on it and a kiss from his wife.

'I'll ring your office and tell them you won't be in today. Breakfast
              is in the oven. Try to eat something and go back to bed for the
              morning. There's snooker on TV this afternoon. Take it easy today,
              hope your eye doesn't hurt too much. See you tonight. I love you,
              darling! Love, Jillian. x '

He stumbled to the kitchen and sure enough, there was hot breakfast,
              steaming hot coffee and the newspaper. His teenaged son was sitting at
              the table, eating.

Jack, bracing himself, asked his son what happened the previous night.

' Well, you came home after 3 A.M., drunk and out of your mind. You
              fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the
              hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door. '

Confused, he asked his son, 'So, why is everything in such perfect
              order, aspirins by the bed, a nice note from Mum and breakfast waiting
              for me?'

His son replied, 'Oh THAT!... Mum dragged you to the bedroom, and when
              she tried to take your trousers off, you screamed, 'Leave me alone you
              slapper, I'm married!!'

Broken Coffee Table £250
              Hot Breakfast £3.50
              Two Aspirins 20p
              Saying the right thing, at the right time......PRICELESS
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Ever thought of moving somewhere more peaceful like Iraq?

What sort of assault was it?

I hope you get a reward......

This happened in a town about fifteen miles away. Some bloke got slashed three times about the head, requiring forty stitches, when he intervened in a row between a couple - seems like the male half of the couple didn't like being told not to hit his lady friend.

I doubt there'll be any kind of reward on offer, other than the pleasure of knowing that yet another chav has had to get out of bed in time to go to court.

Comment

Right, that's the penultimate service started and working well

Just one to go...
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Mmm yum the Lady is warming up some lasagna.
                    That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

You are truly a good citizen!
                      That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Working...
                      X