• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    that bad eh?
    Seriously, we have water running down the inside of the walls when it rains. And not in that subtle Japanese water-wall kinda way - more like a full torrent breaking through the ceiling and flooding the floor. On the wall in question there are several electrical heaters, and various power points. I work across the other side of the room - near the fire exit.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Afternoon denizens

My, you lot have been busy - although not in the way expected by your clients
      Afternoon NF

Yes we've been really productive, coffee/tea?
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Seriously, we have water running down the inside of the walls when it rains. And not in that subtle Japanese water-wall kinda way - more like a full torrent breaking through the ceiling and flooding the floor. On the wall in question there are several electrical heaters, and various power points. I work across the other side of the room - near the fire exit.
        Are you in a shed?
        That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
          Are you in a shed?
          It's not that nice.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

More imbecility from the City Council...

They've sent everybody a leaflet explaining what and what not to put in the various bins for recycling purposes.

However, they've sent them out addressed to Flat 1, Flat 2, Flat 3, and so on - but they've also sent the same leaflet to Ground Floor Front Flat, Ground Floor Rear Flat, and so forth, meaning we each have two copies

Furthermore, the leaflet is "sealed" with a little bit of sticky plastic. Judging by what the leaflet says, this means that the leaflet itself mustn't be put in the paper recycling bin

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              More imbecility from the City Council...

They've sent everybody a leaflet explaining what and what not to put in the various bins for recycling purposes.

However, they've sent them out addressed to Flat 1, Flat 2, Flat 3, and so on - but they've also sent the same leaflet to Ground Floor Front Flat, Ground Floor Rear Flat, and so forth, meaning we each have two copies

Furthermore, the leaflet is "sealed" with a little bit of sticky plastic. Judging by what the leaflet says, this means that the leaflet itself mustn't be put in the paper recycling bin
              You mean to say that this is the first time you've experienced this?
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

voodooflux
                Contractor Among Contractors

century

Comment

It's not that nice.

One of my ex client co's had a room where they had all the expensive kit, decent laptops, massive flat screens blah but their pride and joy was the huge digital white board type thing, the ones where you can use your finger as a pen and even a magic wand type thing to write on it from the other side of the room.

The permie that held the key to it (no doubt he'd ticked all the right boxes in his PDP and appraisal) was always bragging about it, "oh it does this and that and it's really cool, we can have interactive demos/meetings blah blah" One night it pissed down, one of the tiles right above the super screen was loose and rain water trickled down right behind and on top of the screen.

The room never got used that much so it was kept locked, so up comes the next 'interactive meeting' and I hear this BANG (my desk was just around the corner) so like everyone else I go and see what the fuss is about (after all I'm working hard) there I see the custodian of the room with the magic wand thing in his hand, face like he'd wet himself and the screen on the floor with a massive crack down the middle.

I couldn't help but say..."Wow, now that's interactive!"

He never spoke to me again
                  Last edited by El_Diablo; 29 October 2008, 16:41.
                  That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                    You mean to say that this is the first time you've experienced this?
                    I think so - all the other stuff they send out like Council Tax stuff and Electoral Roll forms goes to the "nth Floor [Front|Rear]" form of the address, so I'm not sure why they've suddenly become aware of the numbering scheme.

It probably means we'll all start getting two Council Tax bills... I'm glad I paid mine in full at the start of the tax year

Comment

It really comes to something when you can get a criminal record for putting the wrong stuff in the wrong bin or putting too much in the bin so that the lid is open more than the prescribed maximum of 3 inches...

Can only be a matter of time before someone goes to gaol for this heinous crime...

Comment

Working...
                      X