• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Morning ED

How's tricks?
    Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    Morning ED. How's tricks?
    There's an echo in here.

There's an echo in here.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Morning ED

How's tricks?
      I'll tell you how tricks are, stupid ClientCo1 PA minion type plebian-ette sent me to the wrong site for a meeting, happy I was not!

Ostensibly she got confused with the building numbering...
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
        Ostensibly she got confused with the building numbering...
        Those pesky numbers can be tricky can't they.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Just put forward a proposal to save client co 1.25 million euros/year and they've accepted it.

Slightly cuffing pleased with myself.
          Kudos to you SP!

That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Those pesky numbers can be tricky can't they.
            I might have to put a minion of my own in at ClientCo1 hehehe.
            That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Where are you lot?

I'm reading lots of good stuff on blogs I've never read before (the usual thing... you find something good in your feeds, and that links to something good, and then that blog turns out to have loads of other good stuff, and more good links out, and before you realise it you're halfway across the web. I just love this hypertext thing Thank you, TBL for your "internet-based hypermedia initiative for global information sharing" - works for me )

If any of youse can rouse yourselves from your slumbers, try this excellent post about what best to know if you want to get a job at Google - although please note, he puts the caveats first, and they should not be skimmed

For myself, I'm going to go over everything in there - in particular, I actually can't implement two separate O(n*log(n)) sorting algorithms from scratch (although I do know what Big-O means) and I shall be correcting this appalling lack of knowledge tomorrow

Oh, and although he doesn't mention it, there's one thing you should know: trees (not those things outside that make wood for a living, the CompSci kind) are acyclic directed graphs, so you can slot them into the learning-about-graphs bit, which is (IMHO) a win
              Although if you ever do get into a project that involves analysing the growth of those leafy things outside that make wood for a living, do bear in mind that their structure and development can be modelled using a directed acyclic graph - that's why directed acyclic graphs are usually referred to as "trees". Theory imitates life, and all that
              Of course, the almost infinite malleability of nature means that there are exceptions... it might be sensible to gen up on cyclic directed graphs too
              I notice that the Associate Producer of Babylon 5 was Susan Norkin.
              I've got to commend you Nick on your excellent posting skills
              That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Hey, I have to put something in there to keep you support chaps in your toes.
                I have gone to great lengths to distance myself from them. Leave it there sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                  Morning all
                  Hey ED
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                    I have gone to great lengths to distance myself from them. Leave it there sunshine.
                    moved desks

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Hey ED
                      Good morning you paddle swivelling expert, how are you today?
                      That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Working...
                      X