• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Night all
    Bye ED

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I will leave tpd to the night shift - which these days consists of NF!
      Hi Scourer

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And I intend to be the last to post on tpd.......
      Given that TPD will go on for all eternity, that's like reserving post#Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Hi Scourer

Given that TPD will go on for all eternity, that's like reserving post#Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY

Not that there's anything wrong with that
        Evening Nick - anything new in your world?
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

For reasons that are recondite and not necessary to recount, I just ran (in my head) through a poem I wrote about fifteen years ago, and haven't performed since 2000 or thereabouts.

I only stumbled once, and then just for a moment

Given that my personal set of "good poetry" has "easy to memorise and then recall years later" as one of its subsets, I think that one might be OK

Mind you, it's nowhere near as good as James Fenton's Out of the East... 174 lines; once memorised, never forgotten. That's a poem.

I find it harder to remember the first ten lines of Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner than I do all of Fenton's poem... and the Ancient Mariner is one of my favourites, but somehow it doesn't stick easily to the mind.

(Although of course Kubla Khan sticks very easily - so it must be the poem, not the poet, that makes the difference. Which was my original point, I suppose )

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
            Evening Nick - anything new in your world?
            Hi EO

I'm embroiled in some interesting aspects of customising the Google Maps API for the purpose of doing strange and wonderful things unrelated to maps...

How's things at your end?

Comment

Right, I've managed to resist the temptation to guzzle a few sausages for supper, and haven't been abusive to Cyberman (I believe he's more to be pitied than censured).

As I want to spend tomorrow getting even deeper into the stuff I'm working on (I'm building up a head of steam and all that) I shall now bid you all goodnight - especially you EO, as I think you're the only one still in the vicinity, rather than in the Land of Nod

Nighty night

P.S. http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...-credit-crunch - well, I couldn't leave you all with nowhere interesting to go till the day shift come on

Comment

Hi EO

I'm embroiled in some interesting aspects of customising the Google Maps API for the purpose of doing strange and wonderful things unrelated to maps...

How's things at your end?
                Right, I've managed to resist the temptation to guzzle a few sausages for supper, and haven't been abusive to Cyberman (I believe he's more to be pitied than censured).

As I want to spend tomorrow getting even deeper into the stuff I'm working on (I'm building up a head of steam and all that) I shall now bid you all goodnight - especially you EO, as I think you're the only one still in the vicinity, rather than in the Land of Nod

Nighty night

P.S. http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...-credit-crunch - well, I couldn't leave you all with nowhere interesting to go till the day shift come on
                Sorry I missed you NF - was just making a nefarious 'modification' to something I shouldn't have been, and had to concentrate

But it was for the best - everything's working now...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning All!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      I'll give you something to think about. I'm about to drive to Manchester and kidnap an Oirish girl!

Doggie

got
                      a

!!!
                      !!!

Merely for completeness or something

Comment

Working...
                      X