• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's OK folks - I survived the kebab relatively unscathed
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Anyone seen this afternoon's version of the Wikipedia entry on Plumbing (scroll to the bottom of the page)?

NSFW, BTW

"Plumbing is mint"

Comment

More plan B work..

I supposed being forced into getting it done quickly is a good thing! but it makes me

However, if I didn't have someone interested in sponsorship from Plan B company it would probably take me months to get it sorted - better this way...

however...
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
          I supposed being forced into getting it done quickly is a good thing! but it makes me

However, if I didn't have someone interested in sponsorship from Plan B company it would probably take me months to get it sorted - better this way...
          Aye, sometimes it's good to have that kick up the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

"Plumbing is mint"
            £90 per hour in London, no wonder
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Aye, sometimes it's good to have that kick up the arse.
              true - going to look at offices on Thursday. Should get most of the other stuff sorted in the next couple of weeks.

Then I should try and make things look professional rather than hacked together.
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Looks like another member of the DiscoStu fanclub has joined CUK.

And on that high note, I'm off to bed. Night all

Comment

My mum died yesterday evening.

She was in intensive care and getting worse.

The consultants said she wouldn't, so the family got together and the life support was turned down.

That was it, really.

I don't know who else to tell at one in the morning other than TPD.

I'm very tired (and sober!) so I'm going to bed.

Give somebody you love a cuddle today.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

The consultants said she wouldn't, so the family got together and the life support was turned down.

That was it, really.

Oh, BI

I scrolled down, laughing at the posts, and then I came upon yours.

I'm so sorry

You came to the right place - I think I'm safe in saying that we all love you here on TPD.

<- humanly

We may only know each other through t'Internet, but that doesn't mean we don't know each other. My thoughts are with you (it sounds so trite, I know, but I'm bereft of better, finer words) and I'm at least glad for you and your mother in one respect - I know that you have a wife who loves you deeply, and that your mother would also have known that. Although it may be true that nothing is greater than a mother's love for her child, I'm sure your mother understood that she was leaving you secure in the love of another, no-less-wonderful woman.

If there is a God, then may it/he/she bring you solace in this dark hour. If there isn't, then may you find solace in the knowledge that you are loved by the one closest to you, and by many others, some close to you, some with silly names and avatars, but no less real.

Sleep well, umfundisi

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

That was it, really.

I'm sorry to hear that BI - there's nothing I or anyone else can say to make you feel any better.

My deepest sympathies to you and yours

EO
                      Last edited by EqualOpportunities; 15 October 2008, 05:29.
                      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                      X