• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
    Not exactly, but thanks anyway

This is the kind of thing - which, on eBay, has been categorised as a log burner, which is how I stumbled across it...
    As the world goes down into financial meltdown, and utilities sky-rocket, you may be wise to keep it for cooking and heating
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Comment

Afternoon folks
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          As the world goes down into financial meltdown, and utilities sky-rocket, you may be wise to keep it for cooking and heating
          Thanks for the halp mate - as it transpires, I ended up buying an oil fired Rayburn instead
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Afternoon denizens
            Afternoon NF

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Afternoon folks
            Afternoon VF

I trust that you gents are in fine fettle today...
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Afternoon VF

Afternoon EO

I'm feeling a little fragile to be honest -all self-inflicted though. "I'm never drinking again etc......"

Comment

Afternoon EO

I'm feeling a little fragile to be honest -all self-inflicted though. "I'm never drinking again etc......"
                Ah. As a fellow traveller you have my sympathies...

I've not been out around Redditch (assuming that's where you went) for years - having done a stint in Studley and in North Moons Moat, I frequented numerous local and town hostelries.

Does the town centre still look as though it needs jet washing?

Comment

Afternoon NF

Afternoon VF

Hi EO

Afternoon EO

Nearly, but not quite, WHS - I'm still rather fuzzy in the cerebral cortex, but not actually suffering

Hi VF, BTW

Comment

Ah. As a fellow traveller you have my sympathies...

I've not been out around Redditch (assuming that's where you went) for years - having done a stint in Studley and in North Moons Moat, I frequented numerous local and town hostelries.
                    I've lived in Redditch for around 30 years, and can count the number of occasions that I have been out in the town itself on one hand. I've always tended to visit Studley for pubs and food, or made the short trip into Birmingham if something more extravagant was required.

I was actually out in Studley last night at The Little Lark.

Does the town centre still look as though it needs jet washing?
                    I know exactly what you mean! It is a little better these days - it had a refurbishment and some investment a while back, but it's not really what it was in it's heydey in the early to mid 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Hi EO

Nearly, but not quite, WHS - I'm still rather fuzzy in the cerebral cortex, but not actually suffering

Hi VF, BTW
                      Probably hasn't worn off yet

Best get back down the battle cruiser 'fore your hangover kicks in...
                      Last edited by EqualOpportunities; 11 October 2008, 13:36.

Comment

Working...
                      X