• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I believe his plan B is to arrange bungee jumps.
    Hey, hey, hey - enough about my knicker elastic

Surely there are more interesting topics of conversation..... and even if there isn't, make some up!!!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Right anyway... closing down Chrome now to get on. See you all later.

Comment

Oh dear

My mum had to be taken to hospital yesterday afternoon. For some reason my sister, who called them out for her, didn't bother phoning to tell me until half ten last night

I'll have to set off down south to visit her in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Oh dear

My mum had to be taken to hospital yesterday afternoon. For some reason my sister, who called them out for her, didn't bother phoning to tell me until half ten last night

Good luck NF, hope all is ok..

Comment

Oh dear

Oh no chimp, thats awful. I hope she will be ok
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Oh dear

Sorry to hear that. Any indication of what the problem is? Maybe your sis didn't want to worry you unduly until she had more info - I've been in that position before and it can be tricky to know what to do for the best.

Hope everything's OK.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Good luck NF, hope all is ok..
                Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Oh no chimp, thats awful. I hope she will be ok
                Sorry to hear that. Any indication of what the problem is? Maybe your sis didn't want to worry you unduly until she had more info - I've been in that position before and it can be tricky to know what to do for the best.

Hope everything's OK.
                Cheers folks

She's had bad back pain for a couple of weeks now, but it became too much and seemed to be spreading to her chest yesterday. They now think it might be gall stones, which at least would mean they can solve the problem reasonably easily with keyhole surgery. The other alternative is a stomach ulcer - they were going to try and make time for an endoscopy this morning, but didn't offer any guarantees.

If it is gall stones, there's a three month waiting list, which should leave her suffering over Christmas with an operation to look forward to in the New Year

She doesn't want to go private because then it would be done at a place out of town that doesn't have proper facilities like an ITU and so forth - presumably there's more money in fixing yuppies' squash-related injuries than providing adequate resources for dealing with elderly patients. Bloody free enterprise

Comment

No tpd post for an hour - tsk tsk.

Comment

tpd now has 900,125 views - and its on towards the million!

Comment

I believe his plan B is to arrange bungee jumps.
                      Out of the elastic from one pair?

They must be granny pants!!

Comment

Working...
                      X