• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do bear in mind that you **might** be doing yourself damage by not getting it looked at. You should probably get it checked. I was told that by a physio who I trust (as know personally) - I should have got mine sorted earlier in the year....

Brillo

got
    a

!!!
    !!!

Merely for completeness or something
    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 October 2008, 07:30.

Comment

Much faffing about with the Super Monkey Car today

I took it to the brake place which failed to fit me in the other week - turns out they don't offer appointments, you have to just turn up and hope for the best. They said they could fit me in in about an hour, so I drove home again, but due to traffic (they're right across the city) I only had time to drink about three sips of coffee before it was time to go back.

Turned out some job was taking longer than expected, so I had to wait another twenty minutes, sitting in the car listening to Radio 4, before they finally got the car up on a lifty thing.

The chap took one of the wheels off and commented that the disk didn't look too bad, so unless it was warped I might not need anything doing (they're good that way, which is why they're always so busy). I described the symptoms (pretty bad juddering when braking above 40 - 50mph) and he had a good look, poking at various other bits like bushes, before concluding that they were fine. So we decided to go for the brake replacement anyway.

Of course it then turned out that they didn't have parts for a 1989 Orion, and couldn't get hold of them until tomorrow morning.

So tomorrow afternoon I shall repeat the whole process again

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          didn't have parts for a 1989 Orion
          You borrowed VF's motor?

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
            You borrowed VF's motor?
            From the man who drives his girlfriends Ka.

Unfortunately my MX5 is undergoing minor surgery at the moment, so I'm having to drive the 3.3L V6 into work. Unfortunately that engine is in a Chrysler Grand Voyager...
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              From the man who drives his girlfriends Ka.
              Firstly, at least it was made this century. I win. Secondly, I am proud to drive my girlfriends car. She has told me I can be.

I wear the trousers in our relationship - she has even let me say so!

Anyway, tonight I will be getting some extra work done.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Unfortunately my MX5 is undergoing minor surgery at the moment
                Forgot to ask - what? You aren't having that fetching pink paint hue chart spray job replaced with one in solid red are you??

Comment

Firstly, at least it was made this century. I win.
                  My Mazda may be a relic, but it's still worth more than the Ka. Injury time winner

Comment

Forgot to ask - what? You aren't having that fetching pink paint hue chart spray job replaced with one in solid red are you??
                    It's only pink down one side (damn Japanese paintwork). I may well treat the whole thing to some T-Cut when I get it back - as pretty much every "company protection officer" on the main gate at ClientCo has told me to do for the last 18 months.

Comment

Evening boyos
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X