• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Good evening NF. Happy to report that I've not been banned today, as of 21:45 BST!
    I did try, but ferret said you hadn't done anything to warrant another ban yet, despite my constant pestering

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

That's odd - James T Kirk's anti-reptile thread seems to have vanished

Maybe it degenerated into unseemly brawling after I left. The last thing I remember doing was hugging tay - the poor lamb was so stressed out, lashing out at everybody for no good reason, so I thought a cuddle might help

Then I went and got drunk, to erase the memory

Comment

Hi Diver, if you're still here

Alternatively, Good Morning Diver (for later)

Comment

Although Captain James Kirk of the Starship Enterprise (NCC 1701) had the full name of James Tiberius Kirk, there was an episode where he was shown his own grave, ready for him if he failed in mortal combat.

The headstone had him down as "James L Kirk".

Bit of a fail by the props department there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Although Captain James Kirk of the Starship Enterprise (NCC 1701) had the full name of James Tiberius Kirk, there was an episode where he was shown his own grave, ready for him if he failed in mortal combat.

The headstone had him down as "James L Kirk".

Bit of a fail by the props department there
            Not many people know that...

(Well, apart from some millions of "Trekkies" - who apparently prefer to be called "Trekkers". Dunno why they don't just embrace Society's view and describe themselves as "Losers" - or is one not supposed to say such things )

Comment

Not many people know that...

(Well, apart from some millions of "Trekkies" - who apparently prefer to be called "Trekkers". Dunno why they don't just embrace Society's view and describe themselves as "Losers" - or is one not supposed to say such things )
              And yes, I know that I know that ridiculously obscure Star Trek fact off the top of my head, and therefore deserve to be consigned to said category - but at least I've never worn plastic Vulcan ears to a "conference"

I thought I'd posted this tale here on TPD before, but a quick search suggests not, so here goes:

My then-partner (the Dutch girl) and myself had hired a car and gone camping in the West Country. One morning we went to the town of Glastonbury, and after wandering around looking at stuff, we were considering what to do about lunch whilst stood just here.

I was saying "Well, there's this pub just here, or there's a few other places up there..." when we both became aware of odd tweetling noises from close by.

Turning around, we saw a very dorky guy standing about six feet away holding a ST:TNG style tricorder, which he was pointing towards us, pressing the buttons, and occasionally glancing briefly at us as if he was intrigued by the readings he was getting.

We both stared at him blankly for about three seconds, as he continued to focus primarily on his tricorder.

Then I turned back to the GF saying "So, where do you fancy - the pub here?"

"Yeah, OK," she said.

We got drinks and ordered some food, then sat there for a couple of minutes before turning to each other and saying simultaneously: "WTF was that guy up to!" and then dissolving into laughter

Comment

Hi Diver, if you're still here

Alternatively, Good Morning Diver (for later)
                Morning

Comment

Greetings all!

Morning CM!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Greetings all!

Morning CM!
                    Morning Churchy

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Morning Churchy
                      I wonder, do I get any type of reward for post number 123642?

Comment

Working...
                      X