• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Just connected nintendo wii to my wi-fi. It was quite problematic - got some really odd error codes that led to some odd web pages tp do with router settings - look at this :-

http://www.wiierror.com/wii-error-52030.php

Try changing your channel on the router to 11 or 1. For Linksys WRT54G routers enter the ip address of the router (default is 192.168.1.1) enter password and user name (default is admin/admin) then click wireless tab, now select a different wireless channel from the drop down box. Fix is not guaranteed to work for all consoles. source

I was having a big problem with those two errors, when I realized that the WEP encryption has to be set on Key 1 in order for the Wii to recognize it. It\'s the same with the DS. (via email, thanks Joseph)

I would like to add to the information you have posted that on top of what you have posted, I had to change the MTU value from 0 (Default) to 1500 witch it was in the router for the Wii to finally connect and download the updates. (via email, thanks Jose

Solution 2:

The console of my girlfriend had this error code and none of your solutions could help, but I found another one: I had to put in the IP manually because the Router's DHCP-Server didn't work. (thanks Jan)

Solution 3: (thanks Tim)

I originally received the 52030 error code, followed the directions from this site but could only get MTU to 1492 (Linksys 802.11B router, too lazy to look up the number).

Connected for about 5 minutes, was downloading the update, got to 100% then gave me the same error code. Went back in, recreated the connection, worked, went to download update, this time it got to 60% and just stopped. My ISP was fine but the download simply wouldn\'t progress. Hardbooted the Wii, reset the internet connection and nothing. Tried multiple times with same result, Error Code 52230.

Had been having other problems with my router so I figured that was the source, headed over to Wal-Mart (yippy!), picked up a Linksys 802.11G router, plugged in and everything worked without a hitch.

Moral of this story...buy a new router and plead to your significant other, But honey, look how cool the Wii-Weather Channel is! later. TOTALLY worth it.

Solution 4: (thanks Sasa)

I love my Wii. The only thing I hated initially was the network setup. I kept getting the error code 52030. I have a DLink 624 router (hardware reversion C). I fixed my Wii connection problem by upgrading my firmware to 2.76 and setting the wireless router setting to SuperG without Turbo on Channel 11.

Thankfully I tried again and it worked! Mind you I reckon NF would have fixed it straight away!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        J

Thankfully I tried again and it worked! Mind you I reckon NF would have fixed it straight away!
        So would I
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

G'Night all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Mind you I reckon NF would have fixed it straight away!
            Dunno about that... it sounds like an irksome situation - the kind of situation that requires judicious Googling, which seems to be what you did.

Judicious Googling can get you a long way towards being perceived as an expert these days.

In an interview where a somewhat recondite question was asked, I just shrugged and told them that I didn't know, but if I needed to know I'd search on it.

One of the interviewers, turning to the other, said "Yeah, we should stop asking that question - nobody actually remembers stuff like that, you just Google it."

This was at Yahoo!

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Morning all
                Morning fella
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                  Morning fella
                  Morning EO

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Dunno about that... it sounds like an irksome situation - the kind of situation that requires judicious Googling, which seems to be what you did.

Judicious Googling can get you a long way towards being perceived as an expert these days.

In an interview where a somewhat recondite question was asked, I just shrugged and told them that I didn't know, but if I needed to know I'd search on it.

One of the interviewers, turning to the other, said "Yeah, we should stop asking that question - nobody actually remembers stuff like that, you just Google it."

This was at Yahoo!
                    I just retried and it worked! I think that "switch it off - switch it on again" can also help sound like an expert. though my favourite is "walk out and back in again".

Comment

Morning BP

Comment

Working...
                      X