• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I'm having a baked potato and salad

And a smoked gammon & mushrooms
    I had vegetable chilli with rice - following slimming world...

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      He's probably out mowing his lawn.

The sun is shining in Wales, have to take advantage
      To be out this long his lawn must be as big as yours!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        hmmmm - I think I shall send you to Doctor Diver for some X-Rays : then amputate from the hip - surgeon NF is very skilled at that. That Nurse CM will use her leeches on you. and use the paddle!
        I think it's getting better all of a sudden...

okay - why not lead with your left. do you do any exercise? I thought you had a wii? use it more often? do you watch what you eat? tried the slimming world plan?
        Tried leading with the left - just doesn't feel right though. I do attend a gym and do low impact CV work (bike, cross trainer, etc.) although I haven't been since the arrival of No.4. My diet has also slipped a bit, I think given the recent upheaval I've been skipping breakfast and then snacking at work. I'm also working a lot in the evenings, and I tend to snack a lot then.

My plan is to shift my current workload, and then get back to the gym and a proper healthy routine. But I still need to get my knee checked out - something definitely isn't right in there.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Chinese for dinner

After the disappointment caused by the efforts of the new managament at the once-excellent place, I'm trying the one a bit further up the road. It also has a smiley face from the Council's food hygiene people; all that remains is to see if the food is any good

Now starting to guzzle; update later...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            I think it's getting better all of a sudden...

Tried leading with the left - just doesn't feel right though. I do attend a gym and do low impact CV work (bike, cross trainer, etc.) although I haven't been since the arrival of No.4. My diet has also slipped a bit, I think given the recent upheaval I've been skipping breakfast and then snacking at work. I'm also working a lot in the evenings, and I tend to snack a lot then.

My plan is to shift my current workload, and then get back to the gym and a proper healthy routine. But I still need to get my knee checked out - something definitely isn't right in there.
            "Tried leading with the left - just doesn't feel right though." - boom boom! I have to lead with left at moment - good to increase muscles in left leg.

wii balance games might help.

try slimming world.

my knee was bunched up cartilidge - if you twist it it never gets better. but can be many other things. I paid £600 for x-ray then £500 gor mri - but only opening up explains it fully. I was told initialially I would need full reconstruction surgery - but at the end that the op I just had should correct just about everything.

always difficult with young children - always something to do!

good luck and keep us informed!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Chinese for dinner

After the disappointment caused by the efforts of the new managament at the once-excellent place, I'm trying the one a bit further up the road. It also has a smiley face from the Council's food hygiene people; all that remains is to see if the food is any good

Now starting to guzzle; update later...
              If you dont return we shall escalate to public health authorities....

Comment

Population
                1396 Revenues
                322650 € Unemployment 0 %
                Transport 97 %
                Crime rate 2 %
                Pollution 2 %

rank=252

Comment

Mmmmm

Chicken & sweetcorn soup: excellent! Very thick consistency, good quantity of little chunks of chicken, seasoning nicely balanced

Crispy duck: very crispy indeed, good quality pancakes, plum sauce of a very thick consistency with a full, rich flavour

Now having a bit of a rest before tackling the beef chow mein. Initial appraisal indicates that they use fine noodles rather than medium, but that isn't necessarily an issue...

Comment

wii balance games might help.
                    Tried a few of those - not sure that they do anything for this particular problem though. I don't seem to have any trouble with most knee movements, and I can play sports like badminton (with all its twisting) without any problem. Well, only the problem that I lack any real skill.

What I like about Wii Fit is that it allows you to monitor the progress of a fitness regime, and allows you to set goals. Unfortunately our Wii is still away being repaired.

always difficult with young children - always something to do!
                    Amen to that.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Beef chow mein: rich but well-balanced flavour, good tender beef, appropriate degree of crunchiness to beansprouts and onions

All in all, I'd say the slightly-further-away place gets my seal of approval. The old place was very slightly better, predominantly by dint of using medium thickness noodles and one or two other small touches in the chow mein - but there's really very little to choose between them

Comment

Working...
                      X