• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what this lurgie is doing to my liver... 7 bottles of Old Peculier and 3/4 of a bottle of Southern Comfort this week...

Add that to the gin, lemsip & Benelyn...

I bought some crystalised ginger on Saturday..

I dunno if it does any good, but it tastes nice.

Comment

Just watched the episode of Bones where thingie got shot by the obsessive woman...

Night

Comment

G'Night Zeity

G'Night all
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          it's probably wonderful if you're 6...
          Who said I wasn't

Don't you just hate it when that happens?
          I think it's got a little confused with not being turned on for about two years. It doesn't seem to have the faintest idea what its battery is doing - although the battery never having more than about forty minutes at its disposal, then throwing its hands up in despair after ten of them doesn't bode well

Although not having all those neat trackpad features, and expecting me to use two buttons, is exceptionally annoying. If I want to scroll, I drag with two fingertips - oh no, doesn't work, I have to use the scrollbar or some such extraneous thing. I want a context menu (right-click menu) - I tap the touchpad with two fingers. Oh no, doesn't work, I have to actually click on the right-hand button - it's utterly maddening

I admit one-button mice are annoying, but nobody uses them - Macs supported two-button mice with scroll wheels before Windoze did. But Mac trackpads offer such intuitive usability that I gave my mouse away to a friend about twelve months ago, and have never bothered getting a replacement. It's only now that I recollect that I originally bought it to use with this Windows laptop.

I want to scroll with two fingers!

Comment

In other news, when I got home the Mac had finally completed the backup to the USB drive.

I then rebooted, and got it to boot from the USB drive - this worked (well, of course it did).

So then I shut it down, extracted the hard drive, put in the new hard drive, and booted back into the USB drive.

Actually there was a minor hiatus - I was trying to put the battery in the wrong way, but there you go

So now, having booted off the USB drive and formatted the new, bigger and better internal drive, I am putting the system (including all apps, settings and data) onto the new internal drive by a tap on the trackpad

Oh, and by using SuperDuper, a Philips 000 50mm screwdriver, and a Torx T8 50mm screwdriver. And a tuppeny bit to open the battery compartment look out, the Windows battery's going again

Comment

Morning all

Got some running around to do, so later
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                G'Night Zeity

G'Night all

Morning all

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Here it is - well, as it was the other year
                  This year was a red indian. I am trying to decode the picture - is it a pirate? aztec? harry potter?

Comment

Morning all

morning

bye

Comment

Morning all

morning

are you still infectious?

Comment