• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Greetings from Lanzarote everyone!

CM sends a to those who deserve it!
    I want CM to do it in person - not by proxy!

Comment

Population
      1370 Revenues
      316600 € Unemployment 0 %
      Transport 99 %
      Crime rate 0 %
      Pollution 3 %

rank=242

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        One reason I never route stuff to junk. But then I use hotmail.
        So do I
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          One reason I never route stuff to junk. But then I use hotmail.
          Mac Mail's junk filter is extremely good for the most part. I don't let it mark stuff as read, and check it once a day - the subject lines are usually all I need to be able to mark them all as read in one go.

I think it routed this one there because it's an unusual email address - it's my own domain, so I create email addresses that reflect organisations (e.g. [email protected]) so I can tell if they ever get leaked to spammers.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Mac Mail's junk filter is extremely good for the most part. I don't let it mark stuff as read, and check it once a day - the subject lines are usually all I need to be able to mark them all as read in one go.

I think it routed this one there because it's an unusual email address - it's my own domain, so I create email addresses that reflect organisations (e.g. [email protected]) so I can tell if they ever get leaked to spammers.
            [email protected]

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              So do I
              I just emailed you at [email protected] - did you get it?

Comment

Comment

So................

Walking home, and some young gentleman (hood up) on a bicycle swings in through the entrance of the all-night-petrol-station up the road, and swings back towards the sealed (but accessible via bicycle) entrance on the side road.

As I'm approaching the side road, another young gentleman on a bicycle (hood up, in case you hadn't guessed) swoops up the side road and confers with the first.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but the timing of this interaction was such that the second could have stopped just in front of me, and the first could have almost immediately placed himself just behind me... if they had so chosen.

And then, presumably, one-sided negotiations would have commenced

As I say, maybe I'm paranoid. Or maybe it's as the assistant manager at my local said the other week, when we were discussing the fact that muggers won't go for what looks like a difficult target. He said "I've seen you walking down the road, and you have a very determined stride!" (I don't know if he was deliberately quoting the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band track Shirt when he said this.)

I laughed and explained that I'm actually scared tulipless most of the time - but I also know that, if you look totally confident and determined, 99.9% of potential attackers will back off and wait for the next potential victim.

As to whether or not this explains this peculiar happening tonight, I do not know. Then again, it worked a treat with those wheely-bin idiots a while back - the problem is that one can never know how many times one hasn't been robbed because one steps out proudly and without (visibly apparent) fear

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

So................

Walking home, and some young gentleman (hood up) on a bicycle swings in through the entrance of the all-night-petrol-station up the road, and swings back towards the sealed (but accessible via bicycle) entrance on the side road.

As I'm approaching the side road, another young gentleman on a bicycle (hood up, in case you hadn't guessed) swoops up the side road and confers with the first.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but the timing of this interaction was such that the second could have stopped just in front of me, and the first could have almost immediately placed himself just behind me... if they had so chosen.

And then, presumably, one-sided negotiations would have commenced

As I say, maybe I'm paranoid. Or maybe it's as the assistant manager at my local said the other week, when we were discussing the fact that muggers won't go for what looks like a difficult target. He said "I've seen you walking down the road, and you have a very determined stride!" (I don't know if he was deliberately quoting the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band track Shirt when he said this.)

I laughed and explained that I'm actually scared tulipless most of the time - but I also know that, if you look totally confident and determined, 99.9% of potential attackers will back off and wait for the next potential victim.

As to whether or not this explains this peculiar happening tonight, I do not know. Then again, it worked a treat with those wheely-bin idiots a while back - the problem is that one can never know how many times one hasn't been robbed because one steps out proudly and without (visibly apparent) fear
                    WHS++

Comment

Population
                      1370 Revenues
                      316600 € Unemployment 0 %
                      Transport 99 %
                      Crime rate 0 %
                      Pollution 2 %

rank=244

Comment

Working...
                      X