• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Don't laugh - I've often thought about talking to someone on here about help with various projects.

The problem being that my ideas are in my head or scribbled down with no real structure. I can't find the time to produce a decent spec hence I end up trying to hack together websites on my own.
    I meet up with like-minded mate of mine every few weeks, and we head down the pub for a few beers to discuss various ideas we have, almost like a brainstorming session where we just generally "talk geek" for a few hours. Unfortunately the beer isn't a great catalyst towards making any concrete decisions

I'm certain there are loads of people on here (myself included ) who would be up for helping out on a project.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I took the rubbish out a few minutes ago, tomorrow being the day when the binmen come.

The bins are in the back yard, and the landlord's management folk are supposed to ensure the bins are, each Friday morning, put out into the area from which they can be collected and emptied.

They don't actually do this very often

In fact, the three bins out there were stacked up to one-and-a-half their own heights with bin bags.

So I put it in one of next door's that was almost empty. Given that it had our house number on it (the ones in the yard have theirs), I could claim an honest mistake

It's possibly due to this lackadaisical attitude towards bins that I was able, this afternoon whilst waiting for the kettle to boil, to watch, from the kitchen window, two rats emerging from underneath the lean-to the management folk built up against the old stable (probably without the actual owner's knowledge), guzzling on something, then hastily retreating again - over and over again, for about ten minutes (no, the kettle doesn't take that long, but I was fascinated).

I think a message to said mismanagement company about the vermin, conjoined with a thinly-veiled threat to report the whole sorry state of affairs to the Council, may get things back on track for a week or two.

In my dreams
      Our cats bought in a rat recently. at least they left it intact.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Have a good break. How long you away for?
        2 weeks. I guess no holiday for you this summer!

Comment

very very quiet here today

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Our cats bought in a rat recently. at least they left it intact.
            I remember one of our cats dragging in a rat - it was a real effort too, they can be pretty big and I bet it put up a fight. I also found the remains of a squirrel outside the catflap once. And by remains I mean just the fluffy tail.

Comment

2 weeks. I guess no holiday for you this summer!
              Alas no holidays for while. We took the kids to Lapland at Christmas thinking that we wouldn't get away this year. Glad we did, that was a fantasic trip that we'll probably do again when this baby is a bit older.

Comment

very very quiet here today
                Yeah, bit dead on the forums generally today.

Comment

I remember one of our cats dragging in a rat - it was a real effort too, they can be pretty big and I bet it put up a fight. I also found the remains of a squirrel outside the catflap once. And by remains I mean just the fluffy tail.
                  Our cats have caught 2 squirells. Quite amazing as they are both totally stupid.

Comment

Alas no holidays for while. We took the kids to Lapland at Christmas thinking that we wouldn't get away this year. Glad we did, that was a fantasic trip that we'll probably do again when this baby is a bit older.
                    Seems children have to be 2 to go. gf is taking the twins(aged 6) the Sunday before XMAS. baby will go when older. I am staying home.

Comment

Yeah, bit dead on the forums generally today.
                      Is it due to the summer holidays?

Comment

Working...
                      X