• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Byyyyyeeeee
    Oh!

Bye
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'm off to watch a film

Later

Comment

Be Afraid, Churchill, be very Afraid. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Post deletion on TPD is not looked upon kindly

Apart from that, how are you?

Hope you're OK - I'll probably get around to updating my CV some time this week, if you're still interested therein

Comment

I had a really good idea a few hours ago, but I've forgotten it now

Still, not to worry - the really good ideas that actually are really good ideas always come back, much improved, when the time is right - it's rare for a really good idea to actually be a really good idea the first time you have it.

Ask any poet...
          Last edited by NickFitz; 12 August 2008, 01:03. Reason: Removing unneeded emphasis on one word - I actually think about this nonsense, you know

Comment

Oh FFS...

I can't be bothered with teaching the Bayesian filter to get rid of all that CNN spam anymore - it's detecting 90%+ of it, but now I have a rule that anything with "CNN Alerts" in the "Subject:" header goes straight into the Junk folder

Help yourself: do the same

Comment

I wanted to watch an episode of Father Ted the other day, but I ran into an intractable problem: the remote seemed to be flagging in the battery department, and the menu structure of the FT DVD is so abysmally user-unfriendly (almost as bad as The World at War, which conflates epic conflict with epic fail) that the remote ran out of juice before I could actually get through the menus to the point where I could get the damn programme started, whilst having to listen to a load of annoying sound effects and watch some witless animations.

Somebody tell me: do the people who create the menus for DVDs actually believe that, in the time between putting the DVD in the machine, and the time when we watch the bit we want to watch, we wish to have a load of sound effects - or, even worse and apparently standard for the BBC, the theme music for the programme - playing repeatedly? Do they enjoy that when they're at home? Are they really so retarded?

Furthermore, why is the "Play all episodes" option always selected? I have never used this option. I want to watch an episode. In the entire time that I am alive upon this Earth, the occasions upon which I would want to watch an entire season of The Shield, or an entire series of Yes, Minister, back-to-back, will probably number ZERO. If I was a bit more sociable, then it might number ONE for a small number of the DVDs I possess - but never for all of them.

So why is "Play all episodes" the default? And why the constant thirty-second-looping noise?

I seriously think that the DVD user experience is even worse than phones

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Do we still ban people for deleting posts to annoy others?
                  Well I would never do anything like that!!!

<whistles casually>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Be Afraid, Churchill, be very Afraid. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Post deletion on TPD is not looked upon kindly

Apart from that, how are you?

Hope you're OK - I'll probably get around to updating my CV some time this week, if you're still interested therein

What was my punishment?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Morning all
                      morning Diver

Comment

Working...
                      X