• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Welcome back Bazza.

It's been a bit quiet today...

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Bye Zeity

Is it pulled along by pit ponies down your way?
    The world's first passenger railway, the Mumbles Railway, was indeed pulled by horses.

Whether or not they were pit ponies, I really don't know...

I'm sure that Arriva are working on it though.

The train resembled a sauna this afternoon.

And was packed with kids.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Why is it so hard to book a holiday when your single - or even decided where to go when you're going on your tod. Unfortunatly 90% of my mates thinking laying by a pool = heaven. For me it = hell.

Fancy going to the rocky mountains and doing some walking though if I fall over and break a leg I really am ****ed being on my own.
      You'd be even more fecked if you were eaten by a grizzly... not unheard of...

Comment

Evening denizens

That's the shopping done

I don't like this heat at all... it's got very humid round here, and the forecast promises thundery showers

It puts me off eating a proper meal, so I shall have a few widely-spaced snacks instead - pâté on lightly toasted french bread first, then later I shall make myself a fresh fruit salad

I may even go mad with a cold leg of chicken if it cools down a bit

Comment

If you watch the thingie on C4 at 8p.m. you'll probably never eat another shop sandwich ever again...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            You'd be even more fliped if you were eaten by a grizzly... not unheard of...
            Ever the optimist

A chap I used to work for (ex-para, saw combat in Malaya and other places) would always go to visit an American friend as soon as he arrived in the States, and would always visit him again immediately before leaving.

His missus used to say "You must think ever so much of him," not being privy to the fact that the purpose of these visits was to collect, and then return, a powerful handgun which he kept concealed about his person for the duration of the visit

And this was staying in an expensive hotel in Florida... Lord knows what kind of arsenal he would have borrowed if there'd been bears about

Comment

Just discovered the reason for the difference between the original wfax sampling hardware & my super new Pic16f88 version.

The original one does 9600 baud with 12 bits giving a sample every 1.25ms. This corresponds to 400 samples per line (2 lines per second).

The new & "improved" one does 9600 baud with 10 bits, giving a sample every 1.04ms. This corresponds to 480 samples per line (2 lines per second).

It's nice to know I'm not going completely mad... just slightly.

Comment

If you watch the thingie on C4 at 8p.m. you'll probably never eat another shop sandwich ever again...
                Looks interesting

In London I always used to avoid those fancy sandwich chains that litter the West End and go to a greasy spoon in Covent Garden to get lunch... freshly made on the spot, and at least I could see the greasy hands making it and dirty rag used to wipe the bread knife, and knew what I was getting

Comment

Just discovered the reason for the difference between the original wfax sampling hardware & my super new Pic16f88 version.

The original one does 9600 baud with 12 bits giving a sample every 1.25ms. This corresponds to 400 samples per line (2 lines per second).

The new & "improved" one does 9600 baud with 10 bits, giving a sample every 1.04ms. This corresponds to 480 samples per line (2 lines per second).

It's nice to know I'm not going completely mad... just slightly.
                  1024 levels of grey should be enough for anybody...

Comment

There's only 4 actual data bits of any consequence of the normal 8... plus a ninth for no reason I can see, the others are the start, stop & 2nd stop... making up 12.

The pic gives start, 8 data, and a stop bit.

Oooer, lights just dipped...
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 28 July 2008, 19:24.

Comment

There's only 4 actual data bits of any consequence of the normal 8... plus a ninth for no reason I can see, the others are the start, stop & 2nd stop... making up 12.

The pic gives start, 8 data, and a stop bit.

Oooer, lights just dipped...
                      Off to Technical thread with the rest of the Geeks Zeity
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X