• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another early night is called for I think - cheerio
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

I've just corrected the magic number in the wfax thingie, the chart is now more or less vertical...

Current one is "Wave Height prediction" for wave heights > 2m.

Comment

It's covering the North Atlantic, from the UK/France/Spain to the Eastern seaboard of Septicland.

Comment

On that happy note...

Byeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              On that happy note...

Byeeeee
              Bye Zeity

Comment

I've just corrected the magic number in the wfax thingie, the chart is now more or less vertical...

Current one is "Wave Height prediction" for wave heights > 2m.
                When you say "more or less", are you allowing for minor timing variations? Sometimes cutting a little slack (aka rounding to a lower level of precision) can lead to better results, when dealing with a data source that is inherently a bit noisy.

You also need to take account of the fact that aliasing issues can arise if you are mapping a comparatively low resolution input to a high resolution output - you should determine a mapping equation that will transform the input space to the output space without introducing noise derived solely from the mapping.

It's covering the North Atlantic, from the UK/France/Spain to the Eastern seaboard of Septicland.

On that happy note...

Byeeeee
                Bye Zeity - I'm very glad to find that the background-data-gathering-exercise for your latest Cunning Plan is working, even though it'll probably lead me to a life of servitude in the Sugar Mines

Comment

Oh Lord...

I just got one of those emails telling me that I have been moderated "Funny" on Slashdot by three separate people.

Given that the post in question was one of the most informative I've posted there in ages, I can only assume that "funny" is the new "informative".

and after some reflection...

Comment

Anyone there? I've been driven out of bed by my bundle of joy, so may as well get my work for the day out of the way.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X