• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    On her Majestys secret service

I went to switzerland a few years ago and went up that mountain where the shoot the scenes at the beginning. Soooooo cool!!
    Yes, it does get a bit chilly up there

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      On her Majestys secret service
      I went to switzerland a few years ago and went up that mountain where the shoot the scenes at the beginning. Soooooo cool!!
      The best ever Bond was Alan Partrdge rendition of the opening scenes of The Spy Who Loved Me - someone put it on Youtube linky
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I had tomato soup for lunch

Comment

I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I didn't.

Me Neither
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

weary

I shall now get back to my primary purpose - reading tpd posts! I was distracted by those f**kers at clientco. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                Women don't really have the option of hookers
                They do! I earn a great living from it! Maybe it is cos I am soooo good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  It so happens I was ploughing through HMRC's online manual all about this last night

Basically, it doesn't matter if it's the same company - it's the journey that matters. If you have the expectation that more than 40% of your actual working time will be in the same location for longer than 24 months then that location becomes a permanent workplace and relief can no longer be claimed.

You need to start with the first link above, read it all, and pay particular attention to the examples - e.g. a lot of people on this board would be in for a very big shock if they read this one and fully grasp the implications of the sentence "The employee expects to work continuously in the City of London albeit on the premises of different banks", which means that she isn't entitled to travelling expenses even for the first 17 month contract.
                  But how long does one have to be elsewhere to reset the clock?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Do we have to spell it out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      But how long does one have to be elsewhere to reset the clock?
                      what are you bothered for... you've got your IOM scheme that no doubts pays more than 40p/mile

Comment

Working...
                      X