• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

They've finally deployed the Capital travel map for which I did all that research into agglomerative hierarchical clustering (for the cameras - I'm still not sure why they didn't want me to do it for the incidents as well).

Except they've completely cocked it up when you zoom out a long way

Bloody permies - I knew they should have let me handle the Python implementation

<Checks...> Yup, they've noused it up on BRMB too, so it's not a problem with the raw data source. FFS
    Well I like it - you can ALMOST see my houise from one of the A20 cameras

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Well I like it - you can ALMOST see my houise from one of the A20 cameras
      Raining down your way then

Comment

One rather obvious bug is that precisely one camera (on both Capital and BRMB, hence not a data feed problem) is being positioned at 0° Lat, 0° Lng

Comment

Some splendid stuff there Nick, well done!

Shame the permies mucked it.
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            Some splendid stuff there Nick, well done!

Shame the permies mucked it.
            Cheers, ED

I'll ping them on Monday and get them to sort it out - if necessary I'll pop in when I'm down in London next week, and explain for the umpteenth time how it works (given that the documentation of the algorithm, complete with an easy-to-follow working implementation in JavaScript and another chap's not-easy-to-follow working implementation in Perl) apparently aren't sufficient

Comment

Cheers, ED

I'll ping them on Monday and get them to sort it out - if necessary I'll pop in when I'm down in London next week, and explain for the umpteenth time how it works (given that the documentation of the algorithm, complete with an easy-to-follow working implementation in JavaScript and another chap's not-easy-to-follow working implementation in Perl) apparently aren't sufficient
              Yeah pop and pay them a visit, always good to keep in touch nothing like a good bit of social engineering.
              That boy go raaaaaaa
              Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Cheers, ED

When are you in london? Are you going to the cuk drinks?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                  Indeed I am, Mrs Diablo fancies a quiet weekend, I must comply.
                  A man who knows exactly what he wants! whatever his wife wants him to have!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Who did that then?

No deleting!!!

Comment

BrilloPad 13,212
                      zeitghost 12,242
                      DS23 10,000
                      Diver 9,928
                      cailin maith 8,560
                      BrowneIssue 8,524
                      TheFaQQer 7,871