• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Yup, the 18th - I've just forwarded the PM to you
    Ta very much duck
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I was just about to do that

Just been to pick up the hire car for the weekend - my parents are over

They gave me an automatic.... the girl said - you think you will be ok with that? I said sure - I'll be grand

Got into it..... ready to go - couldn't put the ******* thing into drive....

Had to go back inside and get someone to help me..... This is going to be a long weekend
      You need to have your foot on the brake when changing

HTH

Comment

They gave me an automatic.... the girl said - you think you will be ok with that? I said sure - I'll be grand

Got into it..... ready to go - couldn't put the ******* thing into drive....

Had to go back inside and get someone to help me..... This is going to be a long weekend

If you're taking them out and about, could you please avoid the East Midlands?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
          You need to have your foot on the brake when changing

HTH
          So I discovered..... it really freaks me out that it just moves of it's own accord - I kept reaching over to change gear
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

If you're taking them out and about, could you please avoid the East Midlands?
            I'm driving them to Yorkshire tomorrow, to see family - Christ knows how that'll go with all them bloody big hills.
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

So I discovered..... it really freaks me out that it just moves of it's own accord - I kept reaching over to change gear
              We've just had an auto as a courtesy car after someone crashed into me and BB1

Whatever you do, don't try and put your left foot on the clutch but hit the brake with it - it stops very very suddenly...

...as MrsBear discovered

Comment

We've just had an auto as a courtesy car after someone crashed into me and BB1

Whatever you do, don't try and put your left foot on the clutch but hit the brake with it - it stops very very suddenly...

...as MrsBear discovered
                I'll have to tuck my left leg under the seat and sit on my left hand to stop me from doing something stupid
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

It's been a pleasant train journey so far - very unusual. It must be that since we've moved there's nicer people using this train.

A gent across from me just took a drink out of a bag, screwed up the bag, looked around for a bin, couldn't see one and instead of chucking the bag on the floor (which really annoys me) he opened up his rucksack and put the rubbish in that.

Then, a gent sat opposite me in a four seater bit, opened up his bag to reveal fish and chips! He then asked me if I minded if he ate them. Very polite

They smelt fantastic!

Comment

It's been a pleasant train journey so far - very unusual. It must be that since we've moved there's nicer people using this train.

A gent across from me just took a drink out of a bag, screwed up the bag, looked around for a bin, couldn't see one and instead of chucking the bag on the floor (which really annoys me) he opened up his rucksack and put the rubbish in that.

Then, a gent sat opposite me in a four seater bit, opened up his bag to reveal fish and chips! He then asked me if I minded if he ate them. Very polite

They smelt fantastic!
                    You should have asked him for a chip

Comment

I'll have to tuck my left leg under the seat and sit on my left hand to stop me from doing something stupid
                      It's funny how it throws you out. It confused the sequence that i'm used to -

Start engine
                      Foot on clutch
                      Into gear
                      Handbrake off
                      Drive away

So as soon as i didn't have to put foot on clutch, i was confused - i kept trying to drive away without releasing the handbrake!

Comment

Working...
                      X