• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear View Post
    And I can't believe how bloody close to me she wants to stand!

FFS! There's plenty of room over there ------->

Stop touching my arm and leg!
    Perhaps she fancies you ted!

Had enough for today... byeeeee
    Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
    "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
    Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

FFS

Some imbecile has parked their car right across the drive to the parking area out back, thereby inconveniencing at least thirty separate households and causing a serious hazard in case of a fire or something

Which bit of a dropped kerb, driveway across the pavement, and gate leading a large open area don't they understand

I'd print an A4 label telling them what an inconsiderate bastard they are and stick it on their windscreen - only then I'd probably get arrested for "touching the property of a braindead fsckwit without permission" or something

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        FFS

Some imbecile has parked their car right across the drive to the parking area out back, thereby inconveniencing at least thirty separate households and causing a serious hazard in case of a fire or something

Which bit of a dropped kerb, driveway across the pavement, and gate leading a large open area don't they understand
        If they are parked with their wheel on a dropped kerb, the police are duty bound to either locate the driver to move it, or tow it, Give the filth a ring.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          If they are parked with their wheel on a dropped kerb, the police are duty bound to either locate the driver to move it, or tow it, Give the filth a ring.
          I occupied some of the time waiting for it to be moved by sticking a load of my recycling in the neighbours' bins - they had room, it's collection day tomorrow so they probably won't notice, and anyway all the houses round here are converted into multiple flats so they'll probably blame each other

Then I got the rest of the recycling into the car, and the offending vehicle still hadn't moved. I took a couple of photos, including the number plate, for future reference, then went to have a look at the tax disc - the Police might not have bothered with a blocked drive, but they're very hot on road tax. As I did so, a bloke shouted down from a neighbouring flat asking me if I wanted him to move it

So he was aware that he was blocking a drive and keeping an eye out, but hadn't bothered to come down and move it over the road where there was now loads of room

Even stranger, when he came down he didn't just move it over or up the road - he drove away off up to the main road and vanished over the horizon

Anyway, I'd missed town by then but at least I got the recycling and shopping done
          Last edited by NickFitz; 12 June 2008, 18:15.

Comment

I relearnt the truth of that saying that you shouldn't go shopping when you're hungry.

Having decided that I couldn't be bothered to cook today, I visited Sainsbury's hot food counter, where I found myself torn between a rack of BBQ ribs and half a roast chicken.

So I got both

Comment

I relearnt the truth of that saying that you shouldn't go shopping when you're hungry.

Having decided that I couldn't be bothered to cook today, I visited Sainsbury's hot food counter, where I found myself torn between a rack of BBQ ribs and half a roast chicken.

So I got both
              Yum - roast chicken - I've beemn wanting chicken sandwich for days.....
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                And I can't believe how bloody close to me she wants to stand!

FFS! There's plenty of room over there ------->

Stop touching my arm and leg!
                Who can blame her - she is flesh and blood afterall!

I have the same effect on women - I have been known to turn lesbians straight!

Comment

I occupied some of the time waiting for it to be moved by sticking a load of my recycling in the neighbours' bins - they had room, it's collection day tomorrow so they probably won't notice, and anyway all the houses round here are converted into multiple flats so they'll probably blame each other

Then I got the rest of the recycling into the car, and the offending vehicle still hadn't moved. I took a couple of photos, including the number plate, for future reference, then went to have a look at the tax disc - the Police might not have bothered with a blocked drive, but they're very hot on road tax. As I did so, a bloke shouted down from a neighbouring flat asking me if I wanted him to move it

So he was aware that he was blocking a drive and keeping an eye out, but hadn't bothered to come down and move it over the road where there was now loads of room

Even stranger, when he came down he didn't just move it over or up the road - he drove away off up to the main road and vanished over the horizon

Anyway, I'd missed town by then but at least I got the recycling and shopping done
                  It is very odd - but at least he kept an eye out!

Comment

So I got both
                    As long as you did not visit Sainsbury's in Merton...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      It is very odd - but at least he kept an eye out!
                      Although he was around the corner from the entrance, so it was only when I actually went out into the road that he knew I was waiting

Diagram:
                      Code:
                      ----------------------------------------------------
                                                Road
                                 His Car
                      ----------|       |----------------------------------
                                |       |
                                |       |   /Bay Window\    /Bay Window\
                                |       |---------------|---------------|
                                | Gate  |               |        Him    |
                                |-------|               |               |

Comment