• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something very satisfying about hacking together a piece of crap like that... it is practically totally without any design at all, just hacked piece by piece until it does what I want...

Comment

Time for the 2nd bath of the year... it gets hot staggering up that hill in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        It is, of course, a dos program that runs in a batch file...

The batch file does a quick dir *.flv /s on all the partitions & disks.

Then it sorts the results using the dos sort program...

Then the finddup program looks for two files with the same name one after the other, and writes the record to a dup file.

Then it reads through the unsorted file to figure out which directories the files listed in the dup file are in.

It's an absolute piece of tulipe, but it is mine own...

I've been writing this stuff for 28 years.

And now I do it for fun.

Nick will be impressed
        I very much doubt it...
        And why not?

It's a very Unix-y way of doing things... take a bunch of individual utilities that each does just one thing and does it well, and daisy-chain them together, sending the output of one as the input to the next, to get the job done

Comment

Comment

Wavey wave.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Greetings, salutations, and felicitations O denizens

Some footballers from the local team came into the FMB Bar tonight.

A couple of years ago, it appears, they would have been "Premier League footballers" but it transpires that they now play in what we used to call the Third Division.

So, not very important

I only know all this because the doorman told me - he found it quite amusing that some mate of his was all over them like a rash, even though he didn't actually recognise two of the three until said doorman had pointed them out.

I didn't think much of the trailing bints either... or is one not supposed to say such things?

Comment

Wavey wavey wavey wave.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I didn't think much of the trailing bints either... or is one not supposed to say such things?
                  For a WAG it is appropriate...

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Wavey wavey wavey wave.

How are you?

Comment

Population 1105
                      Revenues 252900 €

Unemployment 1 %
                      Transport 98 %
                      Criminality 2 %
                      Pollution 1 %