• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to do some proper hacking with it, but a) it doesn't have the MSCOMM vbx which is a pain, and b) I don't know enough yet.

Ho hum.

Comment

I'm starting "Hopw to win friends and influence people" when I finish my current book
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've got the vbx in another book, but it's on a cd, and the pc I'm using doesn't have a CD drive... ho hum.

And the box that does, doesn't have VB.

I shall have to start taking things to bits, which is strictly against the above mentioned rules & regs that nearly sent me to sleep this morning.

Comment

On my train journeys I'm now reading a book by John Kenneth Galbraith about the 1929 Crash.

It was written in 1954.

Comment

I tried copying the vbx from another machine but it just complains that it hasn't got a key... bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I shall have to start taking things to bits, which is strictly against the above mentioned rules & regs that nearly sent me to sleep this morning.
              I came in this morning to find that IT had put a padlock on the back of the PC to stop me opening it and swapping HDs. Nasty nasty control freaks....

... where are the bolt cutters.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Nearly time to wend my weary way to the station for the 17:10 for Cardiff, leaving from Platform 4, calling at Llansamlet, Skewen, Neath, Briton Ferry, Port Talbot, Margam, Bridgend and other places I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  I came in this morning to find that IT had put a padlock on the back of the PC to stop me opening it and swapping HDs. Nasty nasty control freaks....

... where are the bolt cutters.
                  We used to chain the mice to the pcs here to stop the students nicking them.

So they stole the balls instead.

One mouse ball had a little essay written on it, must have taken ages.

Comment

Byeeee

Time to stagger off...

Catch you all later.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Nearly time to wend my weary way to the station for the 17:10 for Cardiff, leaving from Platform 4, calling at Llansamlet, Skewen, Neath, Briton Ferry, Port Talbot, Margam, Bridgend and other places I can't remember.
                      You'll be unable to get them out of your head by the end of the second week.

I can now do the Northern Line voice (CELIA) from Edgware to Leicester Square with perfect intonation, including such exotica as "Upon arrival, the last set of doors will not open. Passengers in the last carriage please move towards the front doors to leave the train" (Hampstead, northbound).

Comment

Working...
                      X