• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Morning
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Bazza Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

How be you this morn?

Comment

Haaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Shiver me timbers!

Splice the mainbrace!

Avast the topgallants!

Haaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        If you can believe 6 impossible things before breakfast,then the Big Bang Burger Bar is the place for you...
        Is this based on a quotation from Alice in Wonderland?

Comment

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Bazza Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

How be you this morn?

Grand thanks sweety zeity....

Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Is this based on a quotation from Alice in Wonderland?
            Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Grand thanks sweety zeity....

Did you have a peg-leg, a black eyepatch, and a parrot?

Oooops... shouldn't have mentioned the parrot

Comment

Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 1979.
                taken from :-

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
                "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
                Alice in Wonderland.

Comment

Did you have a peg-leg, a black eyepatch, and a parrot?

Oooops... shouldn't have mentioned the parrot
                  Ummmm not quite.... some of the girls had patches - the parrot didn't make it very far.... ended up in the bin
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Afternoon denizens

What a pleasure it is to recline here on the bench in my dressing gown, coffee freshly made, no need to drive to London, and a big stack of technical books (mostly published by O'Reilly) within easy reach

What shall it be? Transcending CSS by Andy Clarke (I know him - caught up with him at the conference last week)? HTTP: The Definitive Guide (lots of people are finally starting to "get it" when it comes to HTTP, so it can't hurt to brush up a bit and make sure I'm still ahead of the pack)?

I think I'll go for the newly-published Programming Amazon Web Services... lots of buzz around computing "in the cloud" at the moment, and I've already done quite a bit of playing with that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Afternoon denizens

What a pleasure it is to recline here on the bench in my dressing gown, coffee freshly made, no need to drive to London, and a big stack of technical books (mostly published by O'Reilly) within easy reach

What shall it be? Transcending CSS by Andy Clarke (I know him - caught up with him at the conference last week)? HTTP: The Definitive Guide (lots of people are finally starting to "get it" when it comes to HTTP, so it can't hurt to brush up a bit and make sure I'm still ahead of the pack)?

I think I'll go for the newly-published Programming Amazon Web Services... lots of buzz around computing "in the cloud" at the moment, and I've already done quite a bit of playing with that
                      Not sure I fancy anything with transcending in.

I reckon amazon then http...

Comment

Working...
                      X