• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then it was my last ever contract, back with the security alarm company... coz I had Clike on my CV... a foul little language that combines the worst of assembler and C in one package.

And that was that... no more contracts... ended up fixing fruit machine logic boards, followed by my foray into edjukashun, which has proved as tedious as a very very tedious thing indeed.

Now, after 3 years, I fancy something new, but I suspect it ain't going to come along in a hurry...

Ho hum.

Comment

Dr Who on now......

Comment

BrilloPad 12,046
        zeitghost 11,143

Comment

Evening all

Comment

Evening denizens

BarCamp is excellently ish

My talk on HTTP Debugging Proxies was very well received by the three people who bothered to attend

It was probably a mistake to book a timeslot that started fifteen minutes after the free beer began to be made available

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Evening denizens

BarCamp is excellently ish

My talk on HTTP Debugging Proxies was very well received by the three people who bothered to attend

It was probably a mistake to book a timeslot that started fifteen minutes after the free beer began to be made available
              You got 3 people when there was free beer? It must have been good!

Comment

I hope CM is having a nice time in Blackpool.

Comment

Unemployment 1 %
                  Transport 100 %
                  Criminality 0 %
                  Pollution 1 %

pop=1065, rank=192

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    You got 3 people when there was free beer? It must have been good!
                    Indeed

Several people mentioned later that they had planned to attend, but one of the preceding talks overran by a considerable time, and given that it was at the opposite end of the building and six floors higher, it wasn't practical to even turn up late

If they meant the talk on Internet Explorer 6 bugs, I'm not surprised it overran... there's no way one could cover that subject in any depth in thirty minutes.

I would have gone to that one myself, but I figured I ought to actually make some notes towards a rough plan of what I was going to say - I was quite pleased that I managed to make such a good job of it with such minimal planning

Anyway, time for the pub - see you later

Comment

I'm wondering whether to wander down to the hotel bar, drunk as I am, just for the sake of freaking out the trendies

Always polite, always gentlemanly, wobbles a lot... that's me

Comment

Working...
                      X