• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night all

Catch you all tomorrow during my higher tedium...

Comment

to you all

And whilst I remember it,

I went to log off (just a fast user switching kind of thing) during the WSG thingy and my MacBook had a kernel panic... core dump to you Unix people, BSOD to the Windows folk

Although it has to be said Macs handle a kernel panic with great elegance... even when the system gives up all hope of ever functioning again until after a hard reset, it presents it to you in a beautiful form

Given that the only alteration to the system that could cause such a thing (which I've only ever seen before when a builder tripped over a cable and kicked my PowerMac in the ribs whilst it was running) is the addition of the three modem driver, I have my suspicions

The core dump will be closely examined, and bitter complaints issued in the appropriate directions

(Although obviously I'll send the core dump as well, so they can debug it - if they know how.)

Comment

I just remembered that registration for the conference opens at eight, the conference starts at nine, and I've already paid for the hotel breakfast so I need to be up early

Night all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          to you all

And whilst I remember it,

I went to log off (just a fast user switching kind of thing) during the WSG thingy and my MacBook had a kernel panic... core dump to you Unix people, BSOD to the Windows folk

Although it has to be said Macs handle a kernel panic with great elegance... even when the system gives up all hope of ever functioning again until after a hard reset, it presents it to you in a beautiful form

Given that the only alteration to the system that could cause such a thing (which I've only ever seen before when a builder tripped over a cable and kicked my PowerMac in the ribs whilst it was running) is the addition of the three modem driver, I have my suspicions

The core dump will be closely examined, and bitter complaints issued in the appropriate directions

(Although obviously I'll send the core dump as well, so they can debug it - if they know how.)
          Put the core dump here - we will sort it....

I do hate three with a vengence - I suspect you might have to do a total linux reinstall...

Comment

Unemployment 1 %
            Transport 100 %
            Criminality 2 %
            Pollution 0 %

pop=1058, rank=191

Comment

signature updated - more security needed...

Comment

morning all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Put the core dump here - we will sort it....

I do hate three with a vengence - I suspect you might have to do a total linux reinstall...
                  Linux?

OS X...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Linux?

OS X...
                    opps

knowing three you might end up with a linux install. I really really do hate them. 18th Jan 2009 I can change - though it is almost worth £27 per month to dump them...

Comment

Today I shall be watching the BN66 thread closely. I know it dont mean much to you lot - but it makes alot of difference to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X