• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You made enhancements on the day you are leaving? Was that a good move?
      A very good move!!

They have to call him back and extend his contract next week when they can't work out what the code does when they want to add more tweaks to it

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You made enhancements on the day you are leaving? Was that a good move?
        Absolutely! This morning it was just excellent; now it's absolutely perfect

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
        A very good move!!

They have to call him back and extend his contract next week when they can't work out what the code does when they want to add more tweaks to it

Sadly not... the permies here are actually some of the most talented people in the industry (there's a separate bookshelf for books written by them ), and the chap I'm handing the code over to (one of said authors) is more than capable of handling it

(Especially as my code is so elegantly written that a competent developer can't fail to comprehend it )

Comment

And that, I believe, is me done... I've just got to check that all the browser histories, stored passwords, cookies and so forth have been deleted (my personal email has already vanished into the ether), then hand over the company MacBook, desk key and security pass, and it's off to that bar-stool-shaped-bench round the corner

Later folks

Comment

I hope you've got your passport...
            And had my yellow fever jab?

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And that, I believe, is me done... I've just got to check that all the browser histories, stored passwords, cookies and so forth have been deleted (my personal email has already vanished into the ether), then hand over the company MacBook, desk key and security pass, and it's off to that bar-stool-shaped-bench round the corner

Later folks

Comment

Another quiet night on tpd

Comment

Tetelestai

("It is finished", for those of us who don't know New Testament Greek.)

Comment

Several of the permies actually made it down the pub to bid me adieu, which was nice

A good time was had by all, except those who were present

Seriously though, it was a pleasant departure... some kind things were said, and what's even more surprising, they were said to me

So now, having drunk about 1.75 times as much as I normally drink in an evening (but in about twice the time) I am about to crash out in this Premier Inn for the last time for the foreseeable future... the "Do not disturb" sign is hanging from the external door handle (which I'll regret if I need an ambulance during the night) and I might even go totally mad and have breakfast in the morning, if I can be bothered to get up in time - and then the Super Monkey Car shall whisk me up the motorway, and I shall be at home, and at peace

I see that the smilies have moved around again...

Now when was the last time I felt relaxed enough to comment about that?

Ho hum...

Night all

Comment

Working...
                      X