• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moats & Duck Islands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moats & Duck Islands

I'm trying to think of interesting ways to spend my corp tax. If I'm going to the wall I may as well spend that before the company goes bang

I must try and pass it off as expenses as well. Good enough for the people 'running' the country, then good enough for me

I'm fresh out of ducks and I don't have a moat either but some of the most interesting ideas I have heard so far ...

1) Top of the range XBOX for 'researching' games
    2) Company Jag (although that might get carted off by the liquidator)
    3) A month in the Maldives for the AGM?

any others?

Coke and whores? Make sure you get receipts though. I do know of a civil cervant who claims visits to a dominatrix off his expenses, not quite sure what he puts it down as though.
    Last edited by SlimRick; 27 May 2009, 13:24.
    A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

Originally posted by SlimRick View Post
      Coke and whores? Make sure you get receipts though. I do know of a civil cervant who claims visits to a dominatrix off his expenses, not quite sure what he puts it down as though.
      "Visiting a party whip"
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Nah! You well never drink enough Pepsi to make it worthwhile!........

Ooooops - You din't mean Pepsi did you?

Comment

Tut tut "Secretarial Services" thought everyone knew that one!
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
            Get a beefy Gaming Laptop ASUS W90Vp should do just fine and you can actually use it for Excel too...

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
              I'm trying to think of interesting ways to spend my corp tax. If I'm going to the wall I may as well spend that before the company goes bang

I must try and pass it off as expenses as well. Good enough for the people 'running' the country, then good enough for me

I'm fresh out of ducks and I don't have a moat either but some of the most interesting ideas I have heard so far ...

2) Company Jag (although that might get carted off by the liquidator)
              3) A month in the Maldives for the AGM?

any others?
              You’ve just reminded me of a telephone call I got on Sunday night from a friend of mine that is over with the family from the West Indies. He was a bit drunk and had been sent indoors by the wife after nearly having a physical fight with his father-in-law.

I’ve met the father-in-law and he is an old-school Labour man. He was banging on about ‘filthy rich Tory bastards, with their moats,....”. My friend gets fed up with all this and says, “What is wrong with having a moat around your house? I’ve got one and it cost me a fortune to put in and clean each year. I’m not surprised they put it down on expenses“. Apparently, at this point the father in law went ballistic and fists were offered. The women broke it up and sent both of them to separate naughty steps.

My friends moat? It’s true, his house is surrounded by a water; sometimes. In the tropics it rains very heavily and his garden, and potentially his house, is prone to flooding. So what he did was get a local chap with a JCB put in a ditch all round his house plot. They put the spoils on the garden and made it run off into the ditch so that the water can drain or evaporate. It sort of works, but I don’t think it was worth it.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
              X