• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Bailiffs to get money out of Thieving Gipsy Girlfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Bailiffs to get money out of Thieving Gipsy Girlfriend

Just interested to know whether bailiffs work on a personal basis and if so, can anyone recommend any?

To cut a long story short, thieving gipsy girlfriend owes me just short of £1000, I have a letter from her (via her solicitor) agreeing to pay it but haven't seen a dime as yet (almost 4 months after payments were due to start).

Any suggestions on best way to recover it?

D

Its a grand, get over it!

HTH
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

I agree - its more the principle....

Comment

Nope - you'd need a court order rather than just a letter saying that she will pay.

Small claims court is dead easy to do online though for about £30 filing charges, and then you can really go to town - I sued BA for £400 this year because they cancelled my flight, and they didn't turn up to contest it. For £1000, it's worthwhile doing it
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by dangly View Post
          I agree - its more the principle....
          If anyone ever says "it's the principle", they mean "it's the money".
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A grand? If that's all that pikies have had out of you you're lucky.

Comment

Working...
            X