• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tales from BUPA - A Vet, an STD & Broken leg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tales from BUPA - A Vet, an STD & Broken leg

True experiance from when I worked a BUPA

Right

This happened whilst I was dealing with claims from a company scheme which was a vets practice.

1. Senor vet had been claiming for treatment for a STD
    2. Same vet then claimed for treatment for a broken leg after a horse
    he had been treating kicked him.

Thought nothing of the claims until;

He wrote to us saying he was getting divorced from his wife; therefore we had to remove her from the scheme.

Standard letter went out to her saying as they were getting divorced she could no longer remain as a spouse on her husband’s policy and offered her membership in her own right. However, this was more expensive then the company scheme.

Wife then called up and asked for me (dam) and not happy that she could not remain either on her husbands policy or in the company scheme. After several minuets trying to explain the situation to this woman who was so posh she made the queen sound rough, she said.

“Do you know my husbands medical history”

I replied I could not comment

“Well, I will tell you!” came the reply

“He was F***ing the horse and I walked in on them, the horse got startled and kicked him and broke his leg, that is also how he caught his nasty itch”

At this point I was speechless

She then went on to explain that he was also seeing one of the nurses in the practice; and I was to expect another claim soon.

Guess what - We did, from one of the young girls in the practice again for a STD.

I had to meet the vet when he brought his invoices in for his physo. I still do not know how I kept a straight face.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

"I'm just off out for a spot of horse riding dear..."
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Oh the happy days working at BUPA

'Awkward' claim forms found stuffed behind the panels of the toilets during refurbishment.

Foreign claim forms being shredded, with the claim in the system put into a location where the details are deleted at month-end leaving no trace of receipt.

Windows left open and loads of claim forms wafting off down Manchester Ship Canal.

Window propped open with a pair of scissors, said scissors then dropping several floors and landing in some woman's extremely large shoulder pads.

Being banned from holding Xmas parties at various establishments around Manchester due to fighting.

Such a professional outfit
      Gronda Gronda

Comment

What? You mean you can catch an STD from animals? Damn! You have me worried now.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          What? You mean you can catch an STD from animals? Damn! You have me worried now.
          Heard of lucky dip?

They don't call it sheep dip for nothing
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
          X