• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to ban cake burning denial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU to ban cake burning denial

Some have long wanted the ridiculous crime of Holocaust denial to apply to the whole of the EU rather than just Germany where their unique history and the existence of Neo-Nazis seeking to rehabilitate Hitler presented at least a shred of justification. So far reason or inertia has won out, after all, the rest of have never actually got round to gassing anyone yet.

Now it seems the Europhiles had a plan B. From next April, it will be a crime to deny various defining events in each of the EU states; here in the UK it will be an offence to deny that King Alfred burnt the cakes.

"It is most important to emphasise that we are not aiming to create a European state as the parochial xenophobic Europhobes say" a spokeman told our reporter "and we intend to show this by reinforcing certain iconic national events with this new law. People in the UK should rightly be proud that your king burnt those cakes."

"Then while everyone is arguing about this sort of nonsense, we can get on with quietly removing all those aspects of nationality that really matter" he added off camera.

Update
    Scots nationalists demand replacement of Burnt Cake Denial law with Watching Spiders Try Again Denial law
    Last edited by xoggoth; 17 September 2008, 09:23.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Working...
X