• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Naff rejections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naff rejections

A new rejection reason (and have I had plenty!) for a project manager role:

"Sorry, but you previously did business analysis. They want a pure PM. Since you did something else beforehand, you are not suitable."

According to the agent, in subsequent questioning, the client definitely will only consider people that have only ever done project management and nothing else.

(Other than the default assumption that the agency is lying...) explanations on a postcard?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    A new rejection reason (and have I had plenty!) for a project manager role:

"Sorry, but you previously did business analysis. They want a pure PM. Since you did something else beforehand, you are not suitable."

According to the agent, in subsequent questioning, the client definitely will only consider people that have only ever done project management and nothing else.

(Other than the default assumption that the agency is lying...) explanations on a postcard?
    Don't think there can be any explanation - it's a blatant lie. Unless they are after really bad project managers, who have no experience - which is a possibility.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I think the naffest rejection I ever had was when a woman I'd just asked out called me a lame duck...

I ask you, do I look like a fliping duck?
      For a start - You haven't got a limp.
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I think the naffest rejection I ever had was when a woman I'd just asked out called me a lame duck...

I ask you, do I look like a fliping duck?
        just a polite way of telling you you're quackers

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          well you wouldn't want to show them up by having some practical knowledge would you?

Back in my more junior days I was going for a contract for a certain British petroleum company as an XP (agile) developer. I had at that time about 3 years of agile experience and 3 years of more traditional projects. They thought the 3 years of non-agile was a problem. Blatently, they wanted not just somebody who knew about agile, but somebody who didn't know any better, and would shut up while they did their 2-year 12-man big bang project in a completely stupid way. (which I would have, in fact...)

Comment

ha ha. the client must know c0ck all about project management.

i've heard the term 'born project managers' used before but thats taking it a little too literally.

brilliant.

Comment

the only thing better is the way my last post changed the word i'd used to "noddy" - quality.

who can guess the actuall word????

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
                the only thing better is the way my last post changed the word i'd used to "noddy" - quality.

who can guess the actuall word????
                PC Plod

Comment

Why is this in LR?

Admin, did you put it here? It seems a relevant and proper post for General to me.

Apart from my inane contribution of course...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    Why is this in LR?

Admin, did you put it here? It seems a relevant and proper post for General to me.
                    I did it 'cos I'm a newbie and far too shy to create a thread there.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X