• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Algarve in october

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Algarve in october

I'm off to Vilamoura on 15/10. Anybody been to the Algarve then? Wahts the weather like? Is it busy etc. etc.

Taking my 3 kids and Mrs Just1morethen is off to the shops to buy them some new togs. Should she getting shorts or thermals?

One thing I can be sure of it'll be better weather than we're getting here. Its p*ssing down in Haggisland!

Very nice. (especially if you like seafood and golf) Never been this time of the year so not sure of the weather but my guess is around 20 celsius during the day and cool evenings.

Comment

Yeah I'm quite sure it's cooling down now and you may even get quite a bit of rain unfortunately. I went in mid-Sept and the day temp ranged from 20 to 25 and cooled to about 15 in the evenings. It was nice most days to go to the beach or for a swim, but still a far cry from the lovely summer weather there.

We were really lucky because the week before we arrived it had rained every day, and after we left it was looking overcast again!

Have fun anyway mate - Algarve's a great place and the sea bass or peri-peri chicken is the best.

Comment

We were over in May for a couple of days buying a place and we're going back over to check it out and have a holiday with the kids as we haven't had one since April 06.

Fran Peri Peri was excellent but Pork with Clams was better. I also like the portuguese sardines.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
          I also like the portuguese sardines.
          Yeah the women are pretty darn hot too mmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Please keep a good eye on your kids ...

there is some (anecdotal?) evidence to suggest that kids go missing in that part of the world.

Comment

Around this time of year whether tends to be nice 22 - 23 degrees, evenings though can get quite cool and windy, very good kite flying though.

Its not going to be quiet or busy really, you missed peak season but alot of people come out through the year for the golf and Sailing. Im pretty sure though the water parks starting closing toward mid Oct.

Villamoura is nice, I like Portugal alot

I got a villa in Guia about 15mins from Vilamoura I go out there through the year, pool heating nice bath warm

Comment

Algarve is a Great place and me and the missus have a cool villa on the beach in Quarteira.Weather getting cooler now but still reasonably warmish and pleasant with little rain (not much). Best to take some light weight woolies when the temp turns cooler in the evenings and maybe a mac just in case of rain but unlikely. Loads of ex Pats here too.
                sorry Diver I'm off the cigs again

Comment

Working...
                X