• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grumpy old man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grumpy old man

<rant>
    Well, I've been awake since 4 this morning and feel not only well and truely knackered but also, incredibly pi$$ed off, today. So in the spirit of the mood, here's a bunch of stuff that really, really 'grinds my gears'.

Bruce Springsteen ("The Boss", my arse!)

Morons who buy number plates with "BOX" on them, to put on their Boxter (like the logo on the back isn't big enough??)
    ditto, "BUG" on Beetles.

People who can't make a simple shopping decision and have to phone their partner from the shop to ask them if they wanted "baked beans with mini sausages in or just plain ones?" or "they haven't got the peach scented washing up liquid, will Lemon Zest do?".

Throngs of smokers who block pub doorways.

The TV Licence

U2 (the band, not the plane)

Road Tax

Management buzz words and catch phrases ("going forward" and "opportunities" seem to be favourites at the mo')

Office Christmas parties

Baseball caps worn on the back of the head peak at 45 degrees, or back to front(unless you're actually playing baseball, of course)

"Grease" (the film or the stage show).

TV programs about DIY, Babies, or House Buying

"Big Brother"

The Beatles

</rant>
    The vegetarian option.

You might like this photo that I took a couple of weeks back: http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/jpg/porsche.jpg

Comment

"Humph was trying to kebab the chap from Migration Watch"

make you hungry perchance?

Comment

Good list, but Grease is one of my favourite films!

Add to that being behind slow drivers who don't seem to know what day of the week it is. Those in estate cars are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          Good list, but Grease is one of my favourite films!

Add to that being behind slow drivers who don't seem to know what day of the week it is. Those in estate cars are the worst.
          Oooh yes, and a couple more!

1. Old men who wear a hat while driving (it ain't gonna rain in yer car!)

2. Hazel Blears (pass me my rifle)

3. bread that tears when you butter it

4. Vanessa Feltz

5. vandals (the antisocial kind, not the Germanic tribe)

6. double width (side by side) push chairs

7. Pop Idol/X Factor/etc (apart from the opening rounds which have the shameless, talentless nutters)

8. Politicians that refuse to answer legitimate and relevent questions
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            Once got stuck behind one of those morons on a single-carriageway road, 60mph limit, who insisted on driving at 40mph. Then we came into a village with a 30mph limit, whereupon he took it upon himself to accelerate to 45mph.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

That would be all of them then

Comment

Morons who buy number plates with "BOX" on them, to put on their Boxter (like the logo on the back isn't big enough??)
                ditto, "BUG" on Beetles.
                Earlier on this year I saw a car with the number plate 'BUG II'

It was on a Bugatti Veyron though so I let him off!
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Once got stuck behind one of those morons on a single-carriageway road, 60mph limit, who insisted on driving at 40mph. Then we came into a village with a 30mph limit, whereupon he took it upon himself to accelerate to 45mph.
                  How do you know he accelerated to 45 in a 30 zone unless you did it too?

Comment

1. Old men who wear a hat while driving (it ain't gonna rain in yer car!)

2. Hazel Blears (pass me my rifle)

3. bread that tears when you butter it

4. Vanessa Feltz

5. vandals (the antisocial kind, not the Germanic tribe)

6. double width (side by side) push chairs

7. Pop Idol/X Factor/etc (apart from the opening rounds which have the shameless, talentless nutters)

9. sasguru

Comment

Working...
                    X