• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emile Heskey's back in the England squad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emile Heskey's back in the England squad

I put this in Light Relief because it has to be a joke.

it is a joke, isn't it?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

"I think he deserves to be recalled. We need his experience at this time," said McClaren on the FA's website.
      He has scored just five times in his 43 appearances at international level, but has been tipped for a recall after some powerful Premier League displays this season.
      That's the kind of experience we need - someone who couldn't score in a brothel.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think you'll find that England are rather short of alternatives. The striker tree has wilted a bit recently!

If he does get on, I hope that McClaren doesn't park him out on the left of midfield as Sven used to do in many of those 43 games!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          That's the kind of experience we need - someone who couldn't score in a brothel.
          The words barn door and banjo spring to mind.

All my non-English friends are going to be p155ing themselves.

Comment

There was a great Viz cartoon once called "Emile Hesky Mouse". I couldn't possibly do justice in retelling it, but maybe somebody else remembers it. It started "Wow, a piece of cheese! I'll use my strength and speed to get me some of that!"

Comment

Surely there are enough younger players fit?

Defoe, Smith, Owen, Johnson are four that played at the weekend, that I can think of immediately...

I've got a few mates who are Middlesborough supporters - they all hated Mclaren there - said he was clueless - all coming true now....

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                Surely there are enough younger players fit?

Defoe, Smith, Owen, Johnson are four that played at the weekend, that I can think of immediately...

I've got a few mates who are Middlesborough supporters - they all hated Mclaren there - said he was clueless - all coming true now....
                Good assistant, lousy coach / manager.

And his teeth are too shiny for my liking.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

.......after some powerful Premier League displays this season
                  I was at Newcastle on Saturday and saw Heskey play. He certainly put in a "powerful performance". Should have been sent off for flattening, first, Stephen Taylor and then Steve Harper.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Next time you see Steve McLaren, imagine him in white overalls, a white pork-pie hat and a pound of pork sausages in his hand. The man was born to be a butcher, not England manager...
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
                    X