• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Own A Football Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Own A Football Club

Has anyone else seen this? The idea is a society where everyone pays £35 a year for a share in a football club - everyone votes weekly on tactics, and has a say in transfers, pick the team etc.

When they get enough money, they are looking to buy a club - if they don't buy anything in the first year, then you get the money back, and the interest goes to charity.

Just think - a CUK football team for the premiership!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

sounds good !!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

As long as they don't buy Leeds, which is the top option at the moment.

When you pay, you get a vote for who to buy - there are already four clubs that have approached them to see about selling up, so it could be a real goer.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        As long as they don't buy Leeds, which is the top option at the moment.

When you pay, you get a vote for who to buy - there are already four clubs that have approached them to see about selling up, so it could be a real goer.
        I ownder if there is the option to sell your option in the future....
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
          I ownder if there is the option to sell your option in the future....
          Don't think so - you pay for the rights to have one vote in the club for one year. Not sure about selling up at any stage - haven't read the small print.

If you can, it could be worth a go, given the stupid sums that people are paying for clubs at the moment, e.g. more than £15 for Villa...
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

You'll never make a profit out of it - it's in the rules. Although I'm sure the organisers will make a tidy sum.

I'm doing it for fun and have signed up for three years.

I'm of the opinion we should buy a conference side with a decent ground and aim for Div 1. People voting for Leeds are dreaming.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              You'll never make a profit out of it - it's in the rules. Although I'm sure the organisers will make a tidy sum.

I'm doing it for fun and have signed up for three years.

I'm of the opinion we should buy a conference side with a decent ground and aim for Div 1. People voting for Leeds are dreaming.
              Leeds isn't going to happen, thankfully.

I voted for a local (ish) conference side who I'd like to see do well. I'm in it for the fun too - signed up early and am now waiting for everyone else to pay up!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

well at least someone is making money out f it - sounds like another million dollar homepage type thing

The MyFootballClub membership fee is £35. £27.50 will go towards purchasing a football club, buying new players and other club expenditure. £7.50 will go towards the administration of the MyFootballClub Trust and the building and management of the MyFootballClub website.

Comment

Working...
                X