• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Own A Football Club"

Collapse

• fzbucks
    replied
    well at least someone is making money out f it - sounds like another million dollar homepage type thing

The MyFootballClub membership fee is £35. £27.50 will go towards purchasing a football club, buying new players and other club expenditure. £7.50 will go towards the administration of the MyFootballClub Trust and the building and management of the MyFootballClub website.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You'll never make a profit out of it - it's in the rules. Although I'm sure the organisers will make a tidy sum.

I'm doing it for fun and have signed up for three years.

I'm of the opinion we should buy a conference side with a decent ground and aim for Div 1. People voting for Leeds are dreaming.
    Leeds isn't going to happen, thankfully.

I voted for a local (ish) conference side who I'd like to see do well. I'm in it for the fun too - signed up early and am now waiting for everyone else to pay up!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    You'll never make a profit out of it - it's in the rules. Although I'm sure the organisers will make a tidy sum.

I'm doing it for fun and have signed up for three years.

I'm of the opinion we should buy a conference side with a decent ground and aim for Div 1. People voting for Leeds are dreaming.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    I ownder if there is the option to sell your option in the future....
    Don't think so - you pay for the rights to have one vote in the club for one year. Not sure about selling up at any stage - haven't read the small print.

If you can, it could be worth a go, given the stupid sums that people are paying for clubs at the moment, e.g. more than £15 for Villa...

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    As long as they don't buy Leeds, which is the top option at the moment.

When you pay, you get a vote for who to buy - there are already four clubs that have approached them to see about selling up, so it could be a real goer.
    I ownder if there is the option to sell your option in the future....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    As long as they don't buy Leeds, which is the top option at the moment.

When you pay, you get a vote for who to buy - there are already four clubs that have approached them to see about selling up, so it could be a real goer.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    sounds good !!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    started a topic Own A Football Club

Own A Football Club

Has anyone else seen this? The idea is a society where everyone pays £35 a year for a share in a football club - everyone votes weekly on tactics, and has a say in transfers, pick the team etc.

When they get enough money, they are looking to buy a club - if they don't buy anything in the first year, then you get the money back, and the interest goes to charity.

Just think - a CUK football team for the premiership!

Working...
X