• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday fun - Best tense moment in a film

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard
    & of course there's the glass of water in Jurassic Park.

Great minds think and all that ....
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

The bit at the end of Carlito's Way, when he's being chased by the Mob.

Best movie ever. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony

Great minds think and all that ....
        wow - yes, that was rather spooky all by itself!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
          Goodfellas: Joe Pesci's "Funny? Funny how?" scene.
          Definitely. Really uncomfortable scene.

Also, Robert Mitchum coming out of the water and spotting Gregory Peck though the grasses at the end of Cape Fear.

The very end of Blair Witch Project when Heather enters the basement and sees her friend standing in the corner just before she gets her clock cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
            The very end of Blair Witch Project when Heather enters the basement and sees her friend standing in the corner just before she gets her clock cleaned.
            actually I was quite relieved there: I'd been bored stupid the whole thing through, looking at a bunch of pasty whining brats.
            But my friend (who thought the whole thing was real!) was of a rather different opinion!

Comment

Happy feet - the bit when Memphys accidentaly lets the egg roll down the snowy slope.

Boy, it was close!

Comment

Lost in Translation. The ENTIRE film had me breathless in anticipation of something vaguely interesting happening. But nothing did.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
                  Lost in Translation. The ENTIRE film had me breathless in anticipation of something vaguely interesting happening. But nothing did.
                  I thought the opening shot of Scarlett's undercrackers was vaguely interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
                    I thought the opening shot of Scarlett's undercrackers was vaguely interesting...
                    But she looks a bit like an alien, doesn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      The bit in Bladerunner where Rutger Hauer's head comes through the wall...
                      Is that a Glory Hole reference?

Comment

Working...
                      X